YM!

Weekend Estimates: Lego Batman 55.6M, 50 Shades 46.7M, John Wick 2 30M

7 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I'm not denying that either but with Thor: Rangarök over $250M, Coco over $200M and The Star over $150M, it could cause an underperformance. I asked my nephews (11 and 6) the other day who they liked better as a superhero team and both said Avengers.

JL opens before Coco.

Seriously ? You think that's gonna stop kids from watching JL?

I prefer DC but my ass is in every Marvel line just as I'm in a DC Line to see whatever they got out.

We comic fans seem bias which really isnt true.We know in our hearts we truly are not,and is open to anything Comicbook wise.

They can love The Avengers but we all know they are gonna still see JL.

6 minutes ago, AABATTERY said:

It's no fun if it's easy.

It's a high bar to clear though. Would I have had a better chance with TWS? Sure. But would I get to make a Justin Hammer pun? No.

Regardless I'm taking the moral victory if it gets above TWS.

That would be cheating :P

Feels like I'm an enabler somehow....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

JL opens before Coco.

Seriously ? You think that's gonna stop kids from watching JL?

I prefer DC but my ass is in every Marvel line just as I'm in a DC Line to see whatever they got out.

We comic fans seem bias which really isnt true.We know in our hearts we truly are not,and is open to anything Comicbook wise.

They can love The Avengers but we all know they are gonna still see JL.

Exactly they'll both and I'll see JL and Thor3 this year, and continue to support the DCEU and MCU but if some families where to make a choice so would go for Coco or Thor. However I see Coco under $250M domestic and Thor should be in the $250M-$300M range, I can't see JL under $350M.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I doubt it'll hit $50m although if it did, it would claim the September record. I'm thinking $35-40m at the moment but I wouldn't be surprised if it goes higher. 

That's still extremely good.

All it would have to do is make 100dom.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I'm not denying that either but with Thor: Rangarök over $250M, Coco over $200M and The Star over $150M, it could cause an underperformance. I asked my nephews (11 and 6) the other day who they liked better as a superhero team and both said Avengers.

After The Good Dinosaur, you can't make that assumption anymore. Coco should cross $200, but it's no guarantee. And what even is The Star and why are we giving it $150M this far out?

• Like 2

Just now, jandrew said:

After The Good Dinosaur, you can't make that assumption anymore. Coco should cross $200, but it's no guarantee. And what even is The Star and why are we giving it $150M this far out?

2 things: Faith based movies and Christmas, also I see Coco doing anywhere from $150M-$230M because I think Disney will put little marketing effort into it but give more of the benefit of doubt because of Moana.

33 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Exactly they'll both and I'll see JL and Thor3 this year, and continue to support the DCEU and MCU but if some families where to make a choice so would go for Coco or Thor. However I see Coco under $250M domestic and Thor should be in the $250M-$300M range, I can't see JL under $350M.

I previously had JL at 500 domestic, I've have come down to  425-450dom with a 185o.w  (400 dom is the overall goal).

Thor should be a definite to cross 300 domestic.

NOVEMBER IS THE START OF the holiday season and plenty of money to go around.

Coco I also see 250dom.

1 minute ago, Brainiac5 said:

I previously had JL at 500 domestic, I've have come down to  425-450dom with a 185o.w  (400 dom is the overall goal).

Thor should be a definite to cross 300 domestic.

NOVEMBER IS THE START OF the holiday season and plenty of money to go around.

Coco I also see 250dom.

Fair enough.

Will the title be updated?

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The sequel is easily doing 50M+ on OW. 

Do you think there's enough of a following for this movie for that to happen? It would be one of his biggest OWs

9 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

The sequel is easily doing 50M+ on OW. 

doubt it, just because people went to see a movie with their friends doesn't mean they're going to turn up in droves for a sequel a few years later.

It's incredible how well are doing all the fims by Universal.

314M to date, with three movies opening to solid/stellar results adding to the great late legs for Sing. In fact, these 4 movies are still in the top10 this weekend! Bonus point: only one sequel!!

In near future things also looking great for them: The Wall OS is already solid, so DOM gross is icing in the cake (50M?). Get Out is already receiving gorgeous reviews and looks headed to a breakout run (80M?). F8, DM3 and Mummy will give them great numbers. I am expecting 270M / 300M / 150M for each of them.

The BO potential of the rest of their schedule, though, is harder to predict.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, filmlover said:

Warner Animation is gonna have to shut down now.

Yup, the film still making a huge profit has just wounded them severely with it missing inflated expectations. Everybody is fired. Nothing is awesome. No more LEGO movies. Sry, if only it opened $10 mil more... maybe. :lol:

• Like 2