YM!

Weekend Estimates: Lego Batman 55.6M, 50 Shades 46.7M, John Wick 2 30M

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

I'm shocked at that Rings hold. $53m worldwide in 10 days. Double it's budget. 10 markets still to open. I wonder if Paramount pulled the plug on Friday the 13th too soon. 

If it would have been the same quality as Rings then I'm glad they pulled it. I'm glad that Halloween is on track with John Carpenter, David Gordon Green, Danny McBride, and Jason Blum involved. Carpenter saying he may do the music is enough to get me hyped.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rman823 said:

If it would have been the same quality as Rings then I'm glad they pulled it. I'm glad that Halloween is on track with John Carpenter, David Gordon Green, Danny McBride, and Jason Blum involved. Carpenter saying he may do the music is enough to get me hyped.

I don't think it was the same creative team behind Rings. Pretty sure Friday the 13th had PlatinumDunes producing, Breck Eisner directing a script by the guy who wrote Prisoners.

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

I don't think it was the same creative team behind Rings. Pretty sure Friday the 13th had PlatinumDunes producing, Breck Eisner directing a script by the guy who wrote Prisoners.

Oh I know it's not the same creative team as Rings but Platinum Dunes doesn't have the best track record and while I liked Prisoners Eisner gave us The Last Witch Hunter so I wasn't expecting much. 

2 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

Oh I know it's not the same creative team as Rings but Platinum Dunes doesn't have the best track record and while I liked Prisoners Eisner gave us The Last Witch Hunter so I wasn't expecting much. 

I love Platinum Dunes most of the time. And I love The Crazies. 

11 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Fifty Shades Darker $148m in 3 days on a budget of $55m.

Yet people still wonder why Universal makes these films. 

At least we have proof that foreign countries have no stones to throw at America with regards to its crappy taste in movies.

Resident Evil The Final Chapter is crashing domestically, probably going to finish with less than Underworld Blood Wars domestic numbers.

However, the discussion is different overseas, where the movie has made 110 million so far, managing to get a full 135 million worldwide figure.

It still has Russia, Italy and China to play. So, perhaps it'll finish with something between 150-170 million wordwide, which would be 4 times its budget.  So, I doubt Sony is sad. Hell, maybe we'll get another RE movie. XD

1 hour ago, YourMother said:

But it'd still do $300M if you used that logic like Minions which has no chance of happening.

My faith at the box office in WAG is now restored:

LB: $55.6M/$200M

LN: $35M/$110M

Smallfoot: $25M/$80M (if not moved) if moved: $35M/$100M

SCOOB: $50M/$160M

LM2: $70M/$240M (if not moved) if moved: $80M/$270M

$35-40m seems about right for Ninjago, I wouldn't be surprised if it goes higher. Smallfoot is difficult to predict because we've seen no footage yet but I think it needs to move away from a packed February, SCOOB I think will move from September, I don't see $50m for it but $35-45m range wouldn't surprise me. 

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Actually Illumination got to THAT level 3 years after their 1st movie (Despicable Me) w/Despicable Me 2. Granted, the OG Despicable Me was a bigger hit than The Lego Movie WW, and The Lorax was also quite successful, but still. Hop and Storks are basically on par (sadly), even if the rabbit SOB got to 100M DOM and Storks didn't (even more sadly).

It's possible, if not likely, that it gets to 400M+ WW, although OS hasn't been a big friend of animation this past year.

Funny that Lego Bats will play closer to Lorax, which was the 3rd Illumination movie as well.

WAG is building a solid foundation for their films and I wouldn't be surprised if their films start to outgross the likes of Blue Sky, SPA, maybe even DWA

52 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

3 Day Predictions for next weekend:

Lego Batman: 32M

The Great Wall: 20M

John Wick Chapter 2: 17M

Fifty Shades Darker: 16M

Fist Fight: 15M

Split: 7M

Hidden Figures: 6.8M

A Cure For Wellness: 6M

A Dog's Purpose: 5.8M

La La Land: 3.7M

I believe

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Resident Evil The Final Chapter is crashing domestically, probably going to finish with less than Underworld Blood Wars domestic numbers.

However, the discussion is different overseas, where the movie has made 110 million so far, managing to get a full 135 million worldwide figure.

It still has Russia, Italy and China to play. So, perhaps it'll finish with something between 150-170 million wordwide, which would be 4 times its budget.  So, I doubt Sony is sad. Hell, maybe we'll get another RE movie. XD

US release would have to be VOD. No point spending $20-30M P&A on a $25m grosser.