CJohn

The Oscars 2017 on ABC | 89th Academy Awards | Discuss It Live Here | Super Sale to Honor the Steve Harvey moment! (p124)

5 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I think he kinda passed the buck to her, though. He didn't know what to do so he just gave it to her. Whoops. :lol: 

Fortunately they're both legendary Hollywood royalty so they can weather this particular storm without too much damage.

LOL he knew it was a mistake but he wasn't going to be the one to read it.

• Like 2

In honor of Moonlight's historic win, I promoted it up to number 100 on my top 250 of all time list.

All of these haters made me realize how great the movie really was, and I felt like it deserved higher than I previously gave it.  Plus, I wanted to add to its unprecedented and historic upset.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

This is certainly true... although (apparently) it was obvious he had been handed the wrong card somehow. It wasn't like it said Best Picture with the wrong name printed... it was literally a duplicate card for Best Actress.

Not to mention the card said Emma Stone as the winner.  You should know something's up if the Best Picture winner is Emma Stone.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Stingray said:

I mean, this just reeks of politics. They give best foreign picture to an Iranian film and best picture to a gay, black film. Come on now.

Yeah rewarding successful minorities is playing politics

sigh

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Travod said:

Four people have said this and I'm just not sure it's going to happen. Who even discusses that subject matter in class? 

Tons of students are already going to screenings of it. It will be popular especially in inner city and urban schools 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ban1o said:

Tons of students are already going to screenings of it. It will be popular especially in inner city and urban schools 

Going to screenings to a new movie is different. My friend's sister just saw I Am Not Your Negro with her class. Don't tell me you also think that's going to get popular play. What do you think, classrooms are just movie theaters? lol

If there's going to be a "movie for the Civil Rights movement," it would probably be Selma. Hidden Figures bye

2 minutes ago, Travod said:

Four people have said this and I'm just not sure it's going to happen. Who even discusses that subject matter in class? 

Civics classes, history classes, even math/technology/STEM classes can and will use HF as a jumping off point for discussion about the obstacles faced by women and people of color who pursue careers in the tech field. 

• Like 1

Maybe I should have watched the Oscars instead of finishing Westworld. At least I would have seen the chaos.

But there were really only two parts of the show I really wanted to see, and of those only one happened. The Miranda/Cravalho performance of How Far I'll Go was great. I would have liked to see Miranda get his win, too. Perhaps next Disney collab.

• Like 2