Finnick

Wednesday Numbers : LOGAN: 5.65M | GO: 2.62M

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Viola deserves it, IMO.

I haven't seen Fences yet, but everyone is probably right about her. There is no fucking way Harris or Williams would have gotten nominated if the year was more competitive. 

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I haven't seen Fences yet, but everyone is probably right about her. There is no fucking way Harris or Williams would have gotten nominated if the year was more competitive. 

For what it's worth, Michelle Williams finished number 2 on both the Indiewire and Village Voice polls for Best Supporting Actress. She was definitely one of the frontrunners.

4 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Okay for Logan. But not great or fantastic

It's remarkably close to the numbers generated by "300" a decade ago. On Monday it was 0.4M behind the Snyder hit and on Wednesday it was less $0.2M behind. 

"300" finished at $210M in North America. I can see Logan finishing at around $230M due to its stronger start. 

5 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

It's remarkably close to the numbers generated by "300" a decade ago. On Monday it was 0.4M behind the Snyder hit and on Wednesday it was less $0.2M behind. 

"300" finished at $210M in North America. I can see Logan finishing at around $230M due to its stronger start. 

Its possible but this weekend looks like a 55-58% drop IMO unless its a weekend movie and jumps big on friday

7 minutes ago, arpiaaaa said:

I watched it just for the men.
I remember my friend and me "enjoying" the "visual aspects" of the movie in the cinema :P

I am really not the type of patriot at all but having Greek roots, I was really offended by the sheer disrespect to greek history.

Edited by FantasticBeasts
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Off-topic but 300 was so awful...

i like it in a goofy kinda way. don't trust anyone who calls it one of their favourite movies or thinks it's 'inspirational' or any shit like that though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Off-topic but 300 was so awful...

I thought it was a masterpiece! That movie captures the heroic/martial ethos of the Spartans perfectly. 

Here is how Herodotus describes the Battle of Thermopylae:  

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i like it in a goofy kinda way. don't trust anyone who calls it one of their favourite movies or thinks it's 'inspirational' or any shit like that though.

As I said previously, being half greek I kinda found the movie disrespectful in a number of ways.

Generally I am against that commercialization of historical events.

4 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

I thought it was a masterpiece! That movie captures the heroic/martial ethos of the Spartans perfectly. 

Here is how Herodotus describes the Battle of Thermopylae:  

No No No.

I actually found the movie disrespectful towards greek history. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

I love it. It's terrifically rewatchable but it's cool to bash it cause homophobia or whatever. Same reason why Braveheart is bashed. 

I love both and you won't hear any complaints from me. Characters act like people did in those time. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I am really not the type of patriot at all but having Greek roots, I was really offended by the sheer disrespect to greek history.

Rise of an Empire is the one that actually pisses all over history. Sparta had no Navy of significance, Athens was the Naval power and it was largely down to them (and Themistocles) that the Battle of Salamis was won. Moreover, Xerxes was not even present at the Battle of Marathon and it was Miltiades that led the charge and also came up with the idea of taking the fight to the far more numerous Persians. Themistocles however, did indeed take part in the Battle of Marathon. Additionally, Artemisia was a secondary commander, not the main one, but she is alleged to have advised Xerxes to wait on the Greeks and not attack inside the Salamis straights, a piece of advise that Xerxes should have taken (with benefit of hindsight) 

As for "300", it's actually pretty accurate in its description and reference of historical events (forget the dramatized action scenes that are there to draw the attention of contemporary audiences)