Finnick

Wednesday Numbers : LOGAN: 5.65M | GO: 2.62M

I thought this thread was about Wednesday numbers :lol: GO's hold is again excellent. Logan's hold is okay too, a little over Dr. Strange %-wise but the actual number is still bigger.

But while we're at it, 300 was just a meme w/very pretty colors. A hilariously dumb movie if there ever was one. And quite stupidly paradoxical, as Snyder shows off Spartans' muscles and masculinity almost w/homosexual tension of his own, while also depicting the Spartans themselves as raging homophobics. Who knows what the fuck's up in old Zack's head.

Watchmen is still his best movie to date. Haven't seen the DOTD remake, though.

5 hours ago, filmlover said:

Someone hasn't seen Sucker Punch.

5 hours ago, The Panda said:

I've seen it and 300 is definitely worse.

5 hours ago, DeeCee said:

I've never seen 300.

Like a ship in the night it passed quietly by me never to be seen again. 

Actually as far as Snyder's filmography is concerned, 300 may be his best film. Because the plot is so straight forward and his graphic-novel visual takes care of the rest.

300 is fucking great.  

GO's hold is great.  Should have a great drop this weekend.

Logan's hold is not so great but it should have a good to great hold on the weekend.

GO has a shot to do 175, which is obviously great.

Everything is great.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, baumer said:

300 is fucking great.  

GO's hold is great.  Should have a great drop this weekend.

Logan's hold is not so great but it should have a good to great hold on the weekend.

GO has a shot to do 175, which is obviously great.

Everything is great.

yg8DO_s-200x150.gif

• Like 6

6 hours ago, filmlover said:

Someone hasn't seen Sucker Punch.

6 hours ago, The Panda said:

I've seen it and 300 is definitely worse.

38 minutes ago, zackzack said:

Actually as far as Snyder's filmography is concerned, 300 may be his best film. Because the plot is so straight forward and his graphic-novel visual takes care of the rest.

Obligatory

@Chewy @CoolioD1 @MrPink

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I thought this thread was about Wednesday numbers :lol: GO's hold is again excellent. Logan's hold is okay too, a little over Dr. Strange %-wise but the actual number is still bigger.

But while we're at it, 300 was just a meme w/very pretty colors. A hilariously dumb movie if there ever was one. And quite stupidly paradoxical, as Snyder shows off Spartans' muscles and masculinity almost w/homosexual tension of his own, while also depicting the Spartans themselves as raging homophobics. Who knows what the fuck's up in old Zack's head.

Watchmen is still his best movie to date. Haven't seen the DOTD remake, though.

The homophobia is right out of Frank Miller's source material (Miller is a raging bigot in general but apparently he draws the line at Trump, so uh, good for him?). Good ole Zack tends to sprinkle in homoerotic elements in most of his movies thanks to his obsession with peak bods and hence the weird clash in 300. :D   

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mango said:

300 is one of the most overwhelmingly boring movies I've ever seen. Zack Snyder has the storytelling capabilities of a 12-year old.

Coincidentally Snyder's DotD remake was also rife with cringe worthy and shoehorned homophobia.