DAJK

Weekend Estimates: Kong 61M, Logan 37.8M, Get Out 21M, Shack 10M, Lego Batman 7.8M

Really great numbers for Kong, Logan and Get Out. This year seems like it's pretty outstanding at the box office far with La La Land and Hidden Figures holding over so well in addition to quality earners Split, Lego Bats, John Wick, Shades Darker and nice breaks outs like Get Out, Logan. Then, Kong comes along overperforms relative to recent tracking. Beauty and the Beast is gonna blow up!

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

Personally I think Kong is going to have much better legs and end up being a much bigger hit than most people here are predicting. I took my mom to go see it Friday and we both loved it, meanwhile my sister and my teenage niece and nephew went to see it yesterday and all loved it. That Saturday increase is a good sign.

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Is the most recent trailer all that good? It is more of the same really. It almost seems like a remake of the first movie.

My audiences at Logan and Kong loved the trailer, so there's definitely interest.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

My audiences at Logan and Kong loved the trailer, so there's definitely interest.

How do you know an audience loves a trailer when it is not a comedy? Did they stand up and started to applaud the trailer or what? :ph34r:

Just now, CJohn said:

How do you know an audience loves a trailer when it is not a comedy? Did they stand up and started to applaud the trailer or what? :ph34r:

Both audiences had gasps at the Xeno before the title card and murmurs after it ended. How's that? :lol: 

Really good performance for Kong, but there's still a long way until the movie makes a profit.  I'm happy the movie is performing quite good for now.

Amazing for Logan, considering the movie has no 3D and it's rated R. No point in comparing it to previous X-Men movies, which were all rated pg-13 and even got 3D to boost ticket prices. Even a 60% drop wouldn't have been all that bad. This is not a movie for kids and teens at all. 

Insanely good for Get Out. I'm pretty sure we might get a trilogy. Get Out, Get In, Get Over Here.  If everything goes according to the plan, we might get a shared universe with Get Ready, Get Back and Get Up. ;)

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Insanely good for Get Out. I'm pretty sure we might get a trilogy. Get Out, Get In, Get Over Here.  If everything goes according to the plan, we might get a shared universe with Get Ready, Get Back and Get Up. ;)

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Return To A White Neighborhood, Get Out 2

• Like 1

Jordan said no sequel, but more socially conscious horror films. He could split the difference and make GO a horror anthology franchise. Given the "get out" title especially I think 'Get Out 2' would work as a story about a gay man/gay men being lured to gay conversion camps.