DAJK

Weekend Estimates: Kong 61M, Logan 37.8M, Get Out 21M, Shack 10M, Lego Batman 7.8M

14 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Must disagree with you here Tele. Despite having started as toys, the transformers franchise is now pretty complex and in the better entires ((IDW comics, War For Cybertron game series, the animated shows and hell even the original Marvel comics)) it's a pretty deep franchise that if done right in film would be interesting thematically. But that's just my two cents. 

This comes down to personal preference, admittedly. Zero interest for me. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Bay has enough money to live 100 lives, at this point I am not sure why he accepted to do a 5th TF.

Maybe he feels pity for Paramount as he knows it is their biggest brand and franchise.

Over half of Bay's net worth came from doing Transformer movies.

He's lucky he scored the directing gig.

There's not much merchandising royalties and points from doing movies like The Island, Bad Boys, and Pearl Harbor.

Just now, grey ghost said:

Over half of Bay's net worth came from doing Transformer movies.

He's lucky he scored the directing gig.

There's not much merchandising royalties and points from doing movies like The Island, Bad Boys, and Pearl Harbor.

He had sort of a "You're not gonna have Nixon to kick around anymore!" moment after PH. Fuck everything, he'll just direct mindless toy actions commercials for the rest of his career and get really well-paid to do so. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

You're garbage

Great movie. That and the first PotC were both great, and the rest in both franchises were all varying degrees of not-great.

I'm really interested to see how the 5th installments of each do this summer. I think they are both fading fast.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Noctis said:

She's a talented actress who deserved to have a bigger role in the film. But are you saying wow about her looks?

Specifically her stupendous tits.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Have you seen it? It looks like a 100M movie.

Will Smith. His power.

Some of the effects are obviously supposed to be cartoony, but that's no excuse for a lot of the visuals just looking flat out terrible. 

10 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

He had sort of a "You're not gonna have Nixon to kick around anymore!" moment after PH. Fuck everything, he'll just direct mindless toy actions commercials for the rest of his career and get really well-paid to do so. 

I am pretty sure Bay was already very wealthy before the TF franchise, not TF rich but still doing very well for himself.

He was probably getting 500 000k-1m a pop for doing commercials where he is a superstar, won tons of awards in that field.

All of his movies except The Island were big or huge BO hits.

Also, your post is fake news I am sorry to announce :

Bay directed Pain & Gain & Benghazi between his TF movies to flex out his story telling muscles.

-_-

1 hour ago, Mulder said:

Must disagree with you here Tele. Despite having started as toys, the transformers franchise is now pretty complex and in the better entires ((IDW comics, War For Cybertron game series, the animated shows and hell even the original Marvel comics)) it's a pretty deep franchise that if done right in film would be interesting thematically. But that's just my two cents. 

This guy gets it.

Saying Transformers is just a bunch of toys is like saying Batman is just Adam West, Star Wars is only about lightsabers, or Wolverine is simply a 90's toon character.

There's more you can do with the comics, games, tv series, and novels if the writers and directors were ambitious enough.

We're talking about machines that evolved into a valid form of life, fought a million year secterian war and are divided into a military class of warriors and a worker class of peace keepers.

It can be silly or it can be somewhat layered and compelling depending on the approach involved.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 7

52 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Bay has enough money to live 100 lives, at this point I am not sure why he accepted to do a 5th TF.

Maybe he feels pity for Paramount as he knows it is their biggest brand and franchise.

Like with Pain & Gain Paramount wouldn't give the go on Benghazi if he didn't sign on to do another Transformers.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 2