franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

16 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Don't get me wrong. I like ViewerAnon and i follow his takes, but he can't always be right. I think Letterboxd reviews after test screenings are a little more reliable.

Never said he was always right. Ultimately it's secondhand information and never will be 100% accurate but I do trust that he's reporting what he was told accurately. 

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

to be fair, Warner is testing multiple cuts of Aquaman 2 to a lot of different audiences so it´s expected the reactions will be vastly different 

That’s not what he said. He said two conflicting things a few months sort, and when confronted about it, he claimed that he just didn’t want to freak fans out at first. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

That’s not what he said. He said two conflicting things a few months sort, and when confronted about it, he claimed that he just didn’t want to freak fans out at first. 

Seems fair, bad test screenings very early on the editing process is kinda normal and pretty much irrelevant since they´re exactly to make corrections 

But now that it tested 7 times ánd counting and receptions keep bad, it´s worrisome 

37 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Seems fair, bad test screenings very early on the editing process is kinda normal and pretty much irrelevant since they´re exactly to make corrections 

But now that it tested 7 times ánd counting and receptions keep bad, it´s worrisome 

Again though, ViewerAnon said back in December that the movie was testing fine, then a few months later, he said he had heard for around half a year or so that the movie was testing horribly. When he was asked about this, he basically said that he lied in that initial tweet from December, because he didn’t want fans to freak out.

I won’t deny that ViewerAnon is well connected, but I feel like people put him on too much of a pedestal, just because he was right about WW84.

Anyway, I’m officially at the point where I’m tired of people constantly discussing and asking about test screenings. It’s gotten to the point where people on these forums are now asking things like “how has Oppenheimer been testing?”

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Two clips released today, maybe they´re finally ramping up the marketing to show more stuff.

I dont know what you are expecting but the studio have been posting multiple content for this movie from the beginning of this month. After a while these spots only help so much. I think next big thing is reactions/reviews next week. 

• Like 1

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

I dont know what you are expecting but the studio have been posting multiple content for this movie from the beginning of this month. After a while these spots only help so much. I think next big thing is reactions/reviews next week. 

To me it´s really more about what they´ve been showing. While posting a lot of tv spots they haven´t really revealed that much imo. Especially compared to Ant-Man 3, MoM and Wakanda Forever. I would love to see more about the villain and also more stuff like the first clip that is more fun like the Vol 2 trailer I posted. But that´s more for me personally then to improve sales, that will be as you say reaction/reviews (Hopefully).

8 hours ago, Menor Reborn said:

Never said he was always right. Ultimately it's secondhand information and never will be 100% accurate but I do trust that he's reporting what he was told accurately. 

Never trust a company man.

Gotta be honest: I really loved both Guardians films when i saw them in theaters and still like them very much to this day. But even if Guardians 3 has great/amazing reviews, i dont actually plan to watch it in theaters and maybe not at all.

Ive personally become really tired of Superhero movies in the last 10 months or so, but especially Marvel movies. These new clips just reinforced this right now, it all feels like an unimportant, overblown sitcom to me instead of an epic Saga like with the films pre-Endgame. The Batman is my favourite SH movie from the last few years mainly because it feels more like a neo noir crime thriller than a Comic book movie.

I still very much hope though that this movie does well, because i like Gunn and i dont want the theaters, that obviously count on GOTG to be a big hit, to loose money.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Reception online seems very good overall for the clips 

The humor is saturated in MCU these days but this is well written and very in line with Gunn style, not some MCU pressure kind of jokes 

its always better when the humor comes from the characters and their relationships than some zany situation ala thor talking to his fucking hammer as if its somehow  sentient after not being so for 11 years.

• Like 3