franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

11 minutes ago, PrinceRico said:

But it had horrible box office so it’s still comparable vol 3 where good reviews and WOM doesn’t attract audiences 

It is quite literally not comparable, at least by your standards, because your comparison involves movies with good reviews and WOM, and TSS didn't have very good WOM. 

As far as attracting audiences, the movie hasn't even opened yet in many places. How on earth are you judging whether WOM attracts audiences without seeing the legs? 

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

It is quite literally not comparable, at least by your standards, because your comparison involves movies with good reviews and WOM, and TSS didn't have very good WOM. 

As far as attracting audiences, the movie hasn't even opened yet in many places. How on earth are you judging whether WOM attracts audiences without seeing the legs? 

Let’s just wait and see but looking at tracking and opening numbers overseas it’s hard to be optimistic. Especially with competition coming in two weeks.

2 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

For anyone who has seen it, how kid appropriate in comparison to the first two is it? Outside of the single F word (which I know where it is so I can cover his ears).

It's definitely a bit darker and more violent.

I've seen some people surprised it isn't R rated

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

For anyone who has seen it, how kid appropriate in comparison to the first two is it? Outside of the single F word (which I know where it is so I can cover his ears).

This is difficult because I really don't know what children these days can tolerate. I was actually expecting something like a graphic torture scene, but I didn't get that. Some images might be scary or upsetting to some, though. If I was your kid, I wouldn't mind such scenes. But I am not your kid, so. 🤣

I FUCKING LOVED IT!!! 

What a great movie for me. A bit dark at times and a bit cruel. But heartwarm and emotional on all cylinders. Got me all chocked up at times. Great villan also

Hated Phaze 4 and Antman quantum… But this was awesome

8,5-9/10 for me

• Like 8
  • Heart 1

2 hours ago, catlover said:

Just got back from seeing this. Oh man. This is definitely a crowd pleaser. Gave a strong emotional punch close to NWH. WOM will be very strong.

agree. Could have great Marvel legs