franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

13 hours ago, Austin said:

The source material has the animal cruelty.

This.

Saying, becuase it apparently 

Spoiler

shows the origina of Rocket Racoon in some detail

it supports animal cruelty is like saying Schindler's List is pro Holocaust because it shows what happened in some detail. Very ignorant take.

Edited by dudalb

23 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

Many critics are just meh to comic films now. So fuck them. 

Well ,it balances the fanboys who love every single CBM that comes along.

One of the worst things about what the Internet has done to fandom is that the "How dare anybody not like the same things I like?' has become so common.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, TMP said:

Gunn peaked with Peacemaker, by far his best project both in terms of character work and thematic work. Feel like nothing he does is gonna match that

For my money, Peacemaker was the best superhero series ever made. Gunn only seems to be growing as a writer and director.

Not only that. This was Gunn's first time ever writing for TV and he cracked the pacing of an 8-episode season much better than pretty much any streaming series I've seen.  Never dragged.

Edited by MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie
  • Like 3
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

For my money, Peacemaker was the best superhero series ever made. Gunn only seems to be growing as a writer and director.

Not only that. This was Gunn's first time ever writing for TV and he cracked the pacing of an 8-episode season much better than pretty much any streaming series I've seen.  Never dragged.

I’d put the Lindelof Watchmen over it, but Peacemaker definitely felt like the culmination of ideas he’s been playing around with since slither and super - felt like a cleaner distillation of so many of the ideas that he’s been playing with throughout his career

• Like 4
  • Astonished 1

54 minutes ago, Sckathian said:

Wait. The Special is a need to watch? Just heard it in a review. I thought that was Christmas fun? Marvel needs to stop doing this. 

Really? I watched it and don't recall anything of significance happening in it

45 minutes ago, Jeight said:

Peacemaker was a letdown.  Cena was beyond obnoxious

Thc charecter was SUPPOSED to be totally obnoxious. That was the whole point of the show.No Cena fan usually, but he was great in the role.

I have noted that black comedy )nothing to do with race) is hard for some people to get.

I’m hearing a lot of people say they might be done with MCU movies after this movie. They’re interested in watching the conclusion to this group and that’s it. I can’t blame them considering quality has dropped as of late and The Marvels look utter cringe. 

Edited by JohnCarterofEarth

2 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

I'm fine with this finishing in the 80s on RT if it can sneak into the 70s on MC.

(also this spells trouble for Flash reviews, because that reaction was far more all over the place than this)

wait really? I thought it was mostly "best CBM ever" 

Damn, I thought WB had a homerun on their hands 

1 hour ago, TMP said:

Gunn peaked with Peacemaker, by far his best project both in terms of character work and thematic work. Feel like nothing he does is gonna match that

Peacemaker was very, very good. But, I think he's in full stride now. I very much have liked his Vol. 2, Suicide Squad and Peacemaker... It's why I'm very optimistic (at least for me personally) about Vol. 3.

• Like 1

Letterboxd reviews from critics are pretty strong and it´s at a 3.9 average. Wakanda Forever was on the same range, 3.8. Metacritic aswell is similar to it. It´s in the same range expect on RT where it´s a bit lower. Think this will be fine, just not the homerun. People will probably like it, don´t know about box office tho. 

19 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Thc charecter was SUPPOSED to be totally obnoxious. That was the whole point of the show.No Cena fan usually, but he was great in the role.

I have noted that black comedy )nothing to do with race) is hard for some people to get.

Jar Jar bunks was supposed to be obnoxious as it was shown by the continuous annoyance characters in the movie showed towards him. It didn't m