Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

6 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Before I see Kong in 5 minutes, how would you respond to these Disney movies getting live action remakes?

Chicken Little

Atlantis

Brother Bear

Home On The Range

Atlantis could totally work (and maybe Treasure Planet as well).

• Like 2

Just now, cookie said:

Big Hero 6 remake

Make it an MCU movie for maximum crossover

This and The Lion King (with Cinderella and TJB) would be the only good live action Disney remakes.

21 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

The movie isn't shitting on franchises, its simply saying audiences always want something "bigger and better" than the last even if its stupid.

I hope there are fully trained military raptors in the next one.

My only major(ish) problem with JW is that I wish we had seen more of the dinosaurs attacking innocent tourists. But other than that, it's a very fun film and Pratt was great eye candy.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

BVS keeps climbing up on my top2016 list with every rewatch, interesting.

And no, I can't derail a thread that was never on any sort of rails to begin with.

That's actually sort of on topic considering that, that's the movies whose record is up for grabs if things go right this weekend...

2 minutes ago, Noctis said:

My only major(ish) problem with JW is that I wish we had seen more of the dinosaurs attacking innocent tourists. But other than that, it's a very fun film and Pratt was great eye candy.

Can't have that, weren't there quite a few weirdos that got pretty pissed over that woman's death scene in JW?  I thought the movie was about a dinosaur park where the dinos get loose and kill people for the 4th time.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

This and The Lion King (with Cinderella and TJB) would be the only good live action Disney remakes.

See I think The Little Mermaid has a lot of potential if they actually did it differently (and if this is a massive success then that's probably not going to happen which makes me worry about The Lion King and Aladdin too). I would love to see how they would do the underwater worlds and we don't see that, that much in big movies (besides the upcoming Aquaman). 

The potential is there, but imagining an actual crab and seahorse talking....yeah it's kind of weird. Yeah on second thought if they insist on doing that one, they would have to leave that part out or it's going to be awkward so maybe they shouldn't do it.

Mermaids were one of the only cool ideas of the last POTC though.

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

Can't have that, weren't there quite a few weirdos that got pretty pissed over that woman's death scene in JW?  I thought the movie was about a dinosaur park where the dinos get loose and kill people for the 4th time.

I think people were frustrated that she died. I remember loving the death scene itself but wishing it had been someone else. I think it's because the pterodactyl should have grabbed the fucking emo teen instead of her. 

But she has such an epic death scene.