Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

13 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Daisy Ridley, Felicity Jones & Emma Watson are the biggest draws of modern box office as far as actresses are concerned no doubt.

Don't forget Zoe Saldaña, Kate Winslet, ans Bryce Dallaa Howard. :D

1 hour ago, K1stpierre said:

Pfffff, you're on because it's not gonna miss! :D 

Everyone I know has said its fantastic and even does some things that the cartoon didnt explore upon. I cant wait to see it myself today.

Fine. You pick the restaurant. Ill let u know the next time im in Massachusetts  (might be in the summer) :)

I wonder where Disney's planning on putting The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (which doesn't have a release date but is shooting right now it appears). Perhaps that's the movie they have set for August 2018 or March 2019 that is currently reserved for something?

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

None of them are really "draws."  They just so happened to star in some big hits.

That's exactly the thought behind Futurist’s sarcastic comment. :) You don't think he was serious about Watson being a draw, do you?

1 minute ago, MrMarosa said:

That's exactly the thought behind Futurist’s sarcastic comment. :) You don't think he was serious about Watson being a draw, do you?

Watson I would consider to be a draw, honestly.  She was apparently the reason that a third of the opening night audience attended.

1 hour ago, SteveJaros said:

Nope, if BnB opens at around $170m DOM, I'd say $300m is a "lock", but nothing more in terms of intervals of $100m. Remember, BvS opened in similar territory and finished at around $330m.  

And if you think that's a crazy outlier, remember that CACW opened at $180m and yet despite rave reviews just creeped over $400m DOM.

IOW's, while $400m would be likely for BnB, it wouldn't be a lock, so $500m even less so. 

I'm sure other people have responded to this already but I don't know where so I will just comment on it as well.

You cant mention BvS and BnB in the same conversation. When was truly is 5 by most the general going public where is Beauty and the Beast is absolutely adored by the people have seen it. Giving it also has an incredible Nostalgia Factor going for it. The critical and fan response has pretty much been very positive so not only is 300,000,000 absolutely locked so is 400 million.

I do agree with you that anything after 400 million is not walk because anything can really happen. But even if it's for only to get a 2.5 multiplier it reaches 425. So 400 is locked.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I wonder where Disney's planning on putting The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (which doesn't have a release date but is shooting right now it appears). Perhaps that's the movie they have set for August 2018 or March 2019 that is currently reserved for something?

Isn't that a Christmas movie though?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Isn't that a Christmas movie though?

Don't know. Their next few holiday seasons are packed, though (Thor, Coco, Star Wars this year; Mulan, Gigantic, Mary Poppins Returns in 2018).

I could see Mulan moving to March 2019, though.

Edited by filmlover