grim22

Dolittle | Jan 17 2020 | Universal | 16% RT | Winner of the Kids Choice Award!

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I think you could make a success of a Dolittle movie, but it would have to be a really good movie, not a clusterf*** like this film apparently is.

BTW I think that SONY has a tough sell with the "Mobius" movie, because Mobius is a grade B Spidey villain who only the hard core Spidey fans care about, as opposed to the incredibly popularity of Venom.

I could be wrong but I don't see Morbius doing big numbers unless it is actually good. It cannot survive with Venom style reviews for the reason that you mentioned.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I could be wrong but I don't see Morbius doing big numbers unless it is actually good. It cannot survive with Venom style reviews for the reason that you mentioned.

Yes, Morbius has to get really good reviews to have a chance. It can't sell on name value alone, like Venom did.

I stll wonder why SOny picked Morbius. There are a lot more interesting Spidey VIllians to build a film around then a pretty much run of the mill vampire.

6 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Yes, Morbius has to get really good reviews to have a chance. It can't sell on name value alone, like Venom did.

I stll wonder why SOny picked Morbius. There are a lot more interesting Spidey VIllians to build a film around then a pretty much run of the mill vampire.

Vampires aren't even popular right now. It is very baffling.

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

Yeah, like going from 12 to 14 percent is going to make any real difference.

If you are trying to "stan" for this film, you will have to do a lot better then that.

It's an unmitigated debacle.period.

Oh yeah? Well it's at 16% (!) now.

In your face, RDJ and Dolittle haters! :sparta:

• Like 1

Back down to 13% at RT.

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Lol this is... unprecedented....

all of the UK critic screenings just got completely cancelled. At 11pm on a Thursday night haha.

Does Universal actually think that is going to help any??????????

If anything they would have been smarter to hold the screening and take their lumps. Now they are pretty much screaming to he whole UK Dolittle is such a huge turkey we don't dare show it to the critics.

Edited by dudalb
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, ThePhasmid said:

RDJ and Shane Black need each other now more than ever.

Speaking of Shane Black, what the hell happened to that Doc Savage movie he was going to make with The Rock? Since I am a big fan of the original 30's Pulp Magazine Doc, I was looking forward to that one.

Outside of the tiger sequence, this movie was an apocalyptic misfire

Spoiler

THE TIGER DOES NOT SAY "HELLO LUNCH," a line that's all over the trailers and movies.

This coming from the guy that loves Michael Bay's Transformers films.

Edited by Yandereprime101189
  • Astonished 1
  • Knock It Off 1