FlashMaster659

WEEKEND THREAD | Official Weekend Estimates: Beauty and the Beast - 88.3M; Power Rangers - 40.5M; Life - 12.6M; Other Numbers First Post. Gokira has been threadbanned.

2 minutes ago, Momo said:

Alrighty, I will be sure to keep an eye out on what those two say. Also,hope you enjoy it.

I've been a PR fan since I was 5-6, seeing it with some friends for my birthday. @Rth and the Beast and @EmpireCity have excellent sources with numbers and are arguably the most reliable sources.

Edited by YourMother

Great if Kong gets 15 for 134.

Would leave it on track for 170 if in the remaining weekends it does

9+5+3+2+1+1.5 (including dollar bump)=21.5,

which would lead to about 14.5 more from the remaining weekdays combined (using it's weekend to weekday ratio).

134+21.5+14.5=170 dom

170 dom + 150 current os + 75 more from current os markets + 135 china + 20 japan = 550 ww

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Isn't the movie with the most views that will have the biggest opening that weekend or... why are you saying that.

But the number of views is huge. it announced a big weekend. it just didn't happen. 40M is mediocre

3 minutes ago, Alli said:

But the number of views is huge. it announced a big weekend. it just didn't happen. 40M is mediocre

It's TMNT 2 level. That's why I'm kind of disappointed.

3 minutes ago, Alli said:

40M is mediocre for a Liongates release ? that would put it in their top 10 of all time.

As for the views being huge, is that still true after adjusting for the very Youtube heavy target audience and known IP factor ?

Regardless, I'm pretty sure there will still have a strong correlation between trailers views and the first weekend box office of this weekend, making that variable more than nothing and a tool better than random at predicting success.

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

In August, I think even with reviews PR would have done at least $65M OW.

Which makes you wonder. Who's bright idea it was to put it the week after BATB.

Just now, Momo said:

Which makes you wonder. Who's bright idea it was to put it the week after BATB.

Originally it was supposed to arrive 7/22/16, then 1/13/17, and now 3/24/17. However $40M is by no means a bad OW for Rangers, it'll at least finish with $95M with this number. Since it has a cheap budget with a $250M finish seems good but Lionsgate should be cautious and give PR2 a good release.

35 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

The fact you and @CJohn love it makes me wonder if the ending is even worse when watching it in person

Wow. What an ugly thing to say.

Are we cross?

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, YourMother said:

In August, I think even with reviews PR would have done at least $65M OW.

Not really. Box office doesn't work like that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

Isn't PR kind of following along with expectations for it?

Yes,but some of us were hoping it do more. So we would get more movies and such. I'm not like Gokira2012 though. I never thought it be Marvel level. His past coments were just silly. Plus,like others said the spot they picked for it was just silly. Lionsgate had to know BATB would be a monster.

• Like 1