FlashMaster659

WEEKEND THREAD | Official Weekend Estimates: Beauty and the Beast - 88.3M; Power Rangers - 40.5M; Life - 12.6M; Other Numbers First Post. Gokira has been threadbanned.

Good #s for Power Rangers. :sadben:at Life not over 1M, was really hoping for it.... dammit, in between the 30M budget that I banked 100% on only before it rose to 58M, and now this, the BO Gods really don't want my deal in the Fantasy BO game to go over well.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It's odd especially after the recent success of GOTG and SS. 

BOM has an Untitled Disney Fairy Tale on July 28th but that's not happening that I know of.  Otherwise there's Dark Tower, Annabelle and The Emoji movie....

Valerian should move.  It still wont big but it might be respectable.  Dunkirk would do better there as well.

Exactly. I'm looking at the August schedule right now and oh my. 

August 4th the wide releases are All I See Is You and Emoji Movie

The 11th has Annabelle and Baby Driver

The 18th has The Hitman's Bodyguard plus The Nut Job 2

The last weekend has 4 wide releases: All Saints, Polaroid, Tulip Fever, and Villa Capri 

There is money to be made. I just don't think the above list is gonna make that money. Of course i think a few of them will be box office successes (Baby Driver is my top choice) but August will not be the same as the last few years. 

Power Rangers should do okay but I think Lionsgate should be wary about a sequel because it would likely do worse business,

I'll be curious to see if Boss Baby and Smurfs affect PR at all. It's rare for two kids movies to come within a week of each other. 

Next March looks slightly less busy but I imagine we'll see some solid numbers from Wreck it Ralph 2 and Ready Player One, the only question mark is Tomb Raider.

26 minutes ago, narniadis said:

@grim22

And what do you know - The Pianist and Life is Beautiful are two of the best films on the Subject.

I think those two with Schindler's List make the Trifecta of Holocaust film making on a wide scale. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas is good but it never broke beyond the Indie crowd.

You just wait until the world finally gets to witness The Day the Clown Cried in its full glory

Edited by Jake Gittes

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Power Rangers should do okay but I think Lionsgate should be wary about a sequel because it would likely do worse business,

I'll be curious to see if Boss Baby and Smurfs affect PR at all. It's rare for two kids movies to come within a week of each other. 

Next March looks slightly less busy but I imagine we'll see some solid numbers from Wreck it Ralph 2 and Ready Player One, the only question mark is Tomb Raider.

green ranger has a fanbase bigger than power rangers

7 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Good #s for Power Rangers. :sadben:at Life not over 1M, was really hoping for it.... dammit, in between the 30M budget that I banked 100% on only before it rose to 58M, and now this, the BO Gods really don't want my deal in the Fantasy BO game to go over well.

Power Rangers was 6th here yesterday, while Life was 2nd (and CHIPs was 7th lmao), so at least you living in the right country :ph34r:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think a sequel would follow TMNT > TMNT 2 pattern.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhh. PORTUGAL, bitches.

How much did BATB make, btw? :ph34r:

156000 tickets until Wednesday, and it will easily win this weekend again lol. I would bet it will win every weekend until FF8 here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gokira2012 said:

again.....green ranger has a fan base bigger than power rangers, he is the logan of power rangers

Let's wait until OW and Cinemascore comes in, before deciding whether the sequel increases or decreases.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

LOL, even Ryan Reynolds can't boost Jake Gyllenhaal's boxoffice. His fandom is restricted to some movie awards forums and that's it. 

Neither have any box office clout. But it's performing fine OS so it's not a bomb.