WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 120): Boss Baby 50.2M | BATB 45.4M | GITS 18.7M | Power Rangers 14.2M | Kong 8.6M

6 minutes ago, YourMother said:

With Universal in charge, the odds of a sequel are good. Hopefully Underpants breaks out next.

I am not confident about Captain Underpants, it's got more competition with Cars 3 and DM3 not to mention it's opening the same weekend as Wonder Woman 

Edited by Jonwo

9 minutes ago, YourMother said:

With Universal in charge, the odds of a sequel are good. Hopefully Underpants breaks out next.

I think Captain Underpants could break out as well. It can go either way, though. ?

That film is the first animated film of the summer...and if Smurfs underperforms....Underpants might be the first big animated film in months since this film, The Boss Baby (another Dreamworks-film).

The big question is though......will Captain Underpants have better reception than

The Boss Baby, and have similar reception as Trolls and Mr Peabody & Sherman?

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I am not confident about Captain Underpants, it's got more competition with Cars 3 and DM3 not to mention it's opening the same weekend as Wonder Woman 

Yeah, but what if Cars 3 ends up having similar/lower reception than Cars 2? What if Cars 3 sucks so much that people would rather see Underpants again? ?

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

8 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Remember almost everyone here thought both Trolls and BB would underperform due to competition (BB dealt/ing with Beast, Rangers, Kong, and Smurfs) and bad marketing. Trolls coexisted just fine with Doctor Strange, with more family competition such as Beasts, Moana, and Sing. Cars 3 I'm thinking a 60/200 to 75/235 run seems fair, DM3 should do anywhere from 90/280 to 110/330 run. For CU I can at least see a Turbo style run 25/80 and at the most a lesser Trolls 40/130 run. Besides the CU series has some nostalgia with it which may help with a decent cast (Hart, Helms, and Peele) However they should push it to Memorial Day weekend, for a better run.

7 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I think Captain Underpants could break out as well. It can go either way, though.

That film is the first animated film of the summer...and if Smurfs underperforms....Underpants might be the first big animated film in months since this film, The Boss Baby (another Dreamworks-film).

The big question is though......will Captain Underpants have better reception than

The Boss Baby, and have similar reception as Trolls and Mr Peabody & Sherman?

Thinking more of a Storks type reception (62% on RT). 

Edited by YourMother

50 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

@alisson23 That Alita girl isn't even a (Latin) star to somewhat justify why they cast her but a total unknown (in which case they could have cast an Asian). So latin washin talk is justified. 

Yeah, I really didn't get it. I understand when they put Scarlett as the protagonist of GitS, but Rosa Salazar for Alita? Who? If it is to put an unknown actress, why not put a Japanese actress?

9 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Wait, isn't DM3 and Captain Underpants both Universal?

51 minutes ago, Rth and the Beast said:

BB will be over 15m prob around 15.4-15.5

So BaTB will win its third weekend.

Just now, AJG said:

Wait, isn't DM3 and Captain Underpants both Universal?

Universal doesn't distribute DWA films until 2019, even though they now own DWA.

Just now, filmlover said:

DreamWorks Animation has been on a solid streak since Home two years ago. Perhaps they've found their footing again.

I do wonder with Universal, will we start seeing $70M-$110M OW for DWA movies now?

5 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

Yeah, I really didn't get it. I understand when they put Scarlett as the protagonist of GitS, but Rosa Salazar for Alita? Who? If it is to put an unknown actress, why not put a Japanese actress?

This.

34 minutes ago, baumer said:

True. But Ghost in the Shell will more than likely make much more than it did worldwide and if I'm not mistaken had about half of the budget.

Official production budget is $110M. Ouch.

Just now, grey ghost said:

Won't Baby have a much stronger Saturday.

I have no idea. It's an honest question.

Imho....i dont think it will be enough.

Just now, Valonqar said:

How if Friday stays 12M+? Do you expect bigger Sat jump and better Sun hold than BB to bridge the gap? 

15.5. Asgard