WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 120): Boss Baby 50.2M | BATB 45.4M | GITS 18.7M | Power Rangers 14.2M | Kong 8.6M

12 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Can we talk about how fucking crazy April 21 looks? 6 movies are going wide that weekend: Gifted, Free Fire, Born in China, Unforgettable, Phoenix Forgotten, and The Promise. Who the hell is going to move?

All of them will be certified flops and probably won't be having large wide releases. 

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I won't be surprised if Phoenix Forgotten misses 1k theaters. There's no way midsize theaters are going to go for a low budget and more than likely shit horror film like that, not to mention it's a new studio.

I doubt Gifted will be given a standard "wide" release either, probably a count similar to other Fox Searchlight titles that were pretty much dumped (Table 19, Wilson).

gifted looks so ridiculous. didn't realize it was a marc webb picture. people always talking about getting these guys out of the franchise machine to do their own beautiful, creative, unique thing but if dumb looking stuff like gifted or book of henry is all they can bring to the table with something smaller then... no, it's not for everyone.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I doubt Gifted will be given a standard "wide" release either, probably a count similar to other Fox Searchlight titles that were pretty much dumped (Table 19, Wilson).

Eh, Gifted has gotten much more exposure than those ever did and appeals to seniors.

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

gifted looks so ridiculous. didn't realize it was a marc webb picture. people always talking about getting these guys out of the franchise machine to do their own beautiful, creative, unique thing but if dumb looking stuff like gifted or book of henry is all they can bring to the table with something smaller then... no, it's not for everyone.

Marc Webb did direct something beautiful, creative, and unique after TASM2:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Nova said:

So the studio that's releasing the film wants to stop it from making as much money as possible? 

It sounds even stupider when it's fully explained. 

Yes, watch the interviews with Jordan Peele where he pretty much claims that every studio denied the movie because of the topic, and that he covered the budget of the movie ALL BY HIMSELF because no one else believed in it, and that he had to reached out to Jason Blum who eventually convinced Universal to release/promote it. Universal wants to cut its legs short because the success of the movie will force them to start to invest money in movies that involve black/brown people and they are not happy about that idea

Edited by davincicode1

Just now, MrPink said:

Gifted was trailer stalking me from January to late February and it looked like death.

I can't believe it's from the same guy who gave us the wonderful (500) Days of Summer. It looks so maudlin.

Just now, davincicode1 said:

Yes, watch the interviews with Jordan Peele where he pretty much claims that every studio denied the movie because of the topic, and that he covered the budget of the movie ALL BY HIMSELF because no one else believed in it, and that he had to reached out to Jason Blum who eventually convinced Universal to release/promote it. Universal wants to cut its legs short because the success of the movie will force them to start to invest money in movies that involve black/brown people and they are not happy by that idea

This is 100% nonsense, man.

Please. Widen your sense of the world.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, davincicode1 said:

Yes, watch the interviews with Jordan Peele where he pretty much claims that every studio denied the movie because of the topic, and that he covered the budget of the movie ALL BY HIMSELF because no one else believed in it, and that he had to reached out to Jason Blum who eventually convinced Universal to release/promote it. Universal wants to cut its legs short because the success of the movie will force them to start to invest money in movies that involve black/brown people and they are not happy about that idea

Fate of the Furious comes out like in 2 weeks. What you are saying makes no sense.

Edited by YourMother

2 minutes ago, davincicode1 said:

Really?

Someone should bookmark this thread and then come back to it in five years and compare the similarities to the conversation that particular day in 2022 when we are discussing X and Y actor are not a draw.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

fb95c8707a8fe8b21aa90612f412b578.jpg

Image result for boo you whore

4 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Gifted was trailer stalking me from January to late February and it looked like death.

Same. Now I'm getting stalked by Ridley Scott, Luc Besson, Michael Bay, and Illuminati. The Mummy, Baywatch, Rough Night, and The Nut Job could quickly join those ranks soon.

Edited by WrathOfHan

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I can't believe it's from the same guy who gave us the wonderful (500) Days of Summer. It looks so maudlin.

TELL ME, WHAT DOES AD-NAUSEUM MEAN

• Like 2