Blankments

47 Meters Down | Johannes Roberts | June 16, 2017

1 minute ago, PRESIDENT BKB said:

That's actually quite sad if true.. Aggressive marketing would help, but it has 10 days to get the job done for awareness...

It's actually a pretty good movie so in my eyes it would be sad but like you said they've got 10 days so things can change. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

You used to get away with so much with a PG, I saw a movie where a naked girl got her breast slashed open and it got a PG. You saw her totally naked with her breast slashed open.

What movie was that?

3 hours ago, PRESIDENT BKB said:

So what are we looking at for the weekend with this??? I've seen a few TV Spots that looked good??? How about 35-40M OW Perhaps??? :thinking:

BKB, you have been at our sites for a long long time.  How do you still come up with ridiculous predictions like this from time to time?  Shallows opened to about half of that. Why would this open that much higher?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, baumer said:

BKB, you have been at our sites for a long long time.  How do you still come up with ridiculous predictions like this from time to time?  Shallows opened to about half of that. Why would this open that much higher?  

Because The Shallows had one hot girl in a bikini and this one has two ;)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PRESIDENT BKB said:

Cause it looks cool and I'd like to think that would translate to the general moviegoer, but I guess not.. I'd sure like to be pleasantly surprised though..

But don't you follow any of the trends or tracking or anything?  This film isn't even a blip on the radar right now.

It must be a typo.  BOM has this listed at 3,500 theaters next week

June 16 Estimates
Updated Thursday afternoons

<< Prev. Week < Last Year View Index Next Year > Next Week >>
Rank LW Title Distributor Theater Count Change % Change Week #
> NEW RELEASES
1 - Cars 3 Buena Vista 3,900 - - 1
2 - 47 Meters Down Entertainment Studios 3,500 - - 1
3 - Rough Night Sony / Columbia 3,000 - - 1
4 - All Eyez on Me Lionsgate/Summit 2,400 - - 1
5 - The Book of Henry Focus Features 575 - - 1
6 - Warriors of the Dawn FIP 30 - - 1
7 - The Journey IFC 2 - - 1

3 hours ago, Matrix4You said:

June 16 Estimates

> NEW RELEASES

how is it getting that many theaters? The Shallows only got 2900 with more hype and a bigger studio (sony)

10 hours ago, Matrix4You said:

June 16 Estimates

> NEW RELEASES

That's either a typo or the biggest theater drop record is about to be set.

21 hours ago, Bishop54 said:

Awesome! I haven't seen much talk of "clocking" people from Rey as I did from Claire Holt.

I hope you say this because miss me doing so...

iTUmQfl.gif

To explain though, I have done some clocking every now and then.

However...due to censorship which I have dealt with on occasion or the overload of racism, sexism, stupidity, etc. I tend to avoid going in sometimes because I have reached a point where I do not give fucks anymore if I tear someone down.

Especially in this day and age, I think there has to be accountability on someone's dangerous, ignorant, and harmful opinions and words. I am far harsher than before, and I'll go from a 0 to 100 than 0 to 50.

IKZAYAQ.gif

In the past, I have had my posts deleted or edited because I tend to go in.

On top of this, a good chunk of the populah posters say something messy or stupid, and I avoid going against the grain to avoid any backlash or bandwagoning because he may be a "cool guy."

You know, masculinity is a very fragile thing.

Nevertheless, I have persisted and do plan on making a comeback since I have completed four years at a university where conservatism (Tragic), homophobia, racism, sexism, and white supremacy reign.

dxSJo2m.gif

This has shaped me to be far more defiant and outspoken. I truly do not give a fuck anymore.

So, I hope to return to my former glory and even surpass my former ruthlessness.

I hope most people share the same dream and excitement, but some people feel otherwise on this board.

Not to point any fingers...

ec1g7Yd.gif

Edited by Rey
  • Like 7

44 minutes ago, Rey said:

I hope you say this because miss me doing so...

iTUmQfl.gif

To explain though, I have done some clocking every now and then.

However...due to censorship which I have dealt with on occasion or the overload of racism, sexism, stupidity, etc. I tend to avoid going in sometimes because I have reached a point where I do not give fucks anymore if I tear someone down.

Especially in this day and age, I think there has to be accountability on someone's dangerous, ignorant, and harmful opinions and words. I am far harsher than before, and I'll go from a 0 to 100 than 0 to 50.

IKZAYAQ.gif

In the past, I have had my posts deleted or edited because I tend to go in.

On top of this, a good chunk of the populah posters say something messy or stupid, and I avoid going against the grain to avoid any backlash or bandwagoning because he may be a "cool guy."

You know, masculinity is a very fragile thing.

Nevertheless, I have persisted and do plan on making a comeback since I have completed four years at a university where conservatism (Tragic), homophobia, racism, sexism, and white supremacy reign.

dxSJo2m.gif

This has shaped me to be far more defiant and outspoken. I truly do not give a fuck anymore.

So, I hope to return to my former glory and even surpass my former ruthlessness.

I hope most people share the same dream and excitement, but some people feel otherwise on this board.

Not to point any fingers...

ec1g7Yd.gif

Well said, and I thought of you because I like you as a poster, glad you're still around. 

• Like 2

Once upon a time there was a film called In the Deep. This film was a low budget creature feature that was set for an August 2016 DVD release. The movie starred Mandy Moore, Claire Holt, and Matthew Modine. It had itself set for DVD shelves and digital VOD outlets until some ass hat movie studio named ENTERTAINMENT STUDIOS (yeah great name) decided to buy the rights from Dimension Films and release it to theaters a goddamn year after for my dumbass to sit through.

When an intentionally bad film is sent to DVD, I don't have to touch it. I purposefully don't watch straight to DVD films. Sometimes they find a home through home releases as some movies like Sharknado or Trick r' Treat become cult classics. But when you send that meant for DVD film to a damn theater, I will treat it like a movie that is sent to a damn theater because honestly THERE IS NO REASON WHY THIS FILM NEEDS TO BE IN A DAMN FUCKING THEATER! 

https://rendyreviews.com/movies//47-meters-down-review