kayumanggi

BLACK PANTHER | 646.8 M overseas ● 1346.9 M worldwide

10 hours ago, Rth Wakanda said:

West Africa 2nd weekend is higher than the record opening weekend, in South Africa 2nd weekend is 3rd biggest weekend ever behind  Opening weekends of BP & FAST8

Trinidad biggest OP WE ever

Vietnam 5th biggest OWe

Fastest in global Imax for Marvel film to reach 50m

I wonder what that means in Dollars. 

Edited by Tower

3 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

That's what will happen in China when Disney's live-action movie Mulan releases :wub::wub:

he3uUsy.gif

According what I read in China's thread, you should not expect extremely high figures for Mulan from China (I was thinking like you not too long ago).

Edited by peludo

8 minutes ago, peludo said:

According what I read in China's thread, you should not expect extremely high figures for Mulan from China (I was thinking like you not too long ago).

yep and i dont think liu yi fei have much draw power to boost this

13 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Why not?

I'm 100% convinced it'll be huge, I feel it.

It is not me, but people who know much more than me about Chinese market. I insist that I had the same feeling than you, but those people think in "just" 150-200 range. Similar to Jungle Book, for example. Maybe a bit more. Big, but nothing spectacular considering the market size.

UK update:

Disney

Black Panther posted a superb hold this weekend, dropping just 34% despite last week’s bumper opening.

The film added £6.86m Fri-Sun and after big mid-week takings it is up to a running total of £29.54m.

That total takes it past the lifetime grosses of fellow superhero features Guardians Of The Galaxy (£28.5m) and X-Men: Days Of Future Past (£27.1m). Next in its sights in the Marvel canon is Spider-man: Homecoming (£30.3m).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2

6 minutes ago, peludo said:

It is not me, but people who know much more than me about Chinese market. I insist that I had the same feeling than you, but those people think in "just" 150-200 range. Similar to Jungle Book, for example. Maybe a bit more. Big, but nothing spectacular considering the market size.

I don't think they can really know, such a success would rely on numerous and sometimes unpredictable factors: the overall quality, the art style, marketing..etc..And by 2020 the market will be bigger anyway.

15 minutes ago, Barnack said:

With 3 major market yet to open:

Russia 26 February 2018  
Japan 1 March 2018  
China 9 March 2018

That mean I guess it should end up 50/50 or better right ? Making 1.275b to 1.45b the final target for that movie ?

According to the calculations on the previous pages, $450 million OS is expected without these new openers. $600 million OS is the final target assuming a solid performance in China (around $120 million). I would say more likely than not, domestic will be a higher percentage of total gross than the OS. Maybe $650 million DOM/$600 million OS for $1.25 billion.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

International now starting to outpace domestic?

That was my thought seeing that Intl monday was bigger than dbo and that the china + japan could make a bit more than the 100m gap (or at the minimum worst case all of it), it should end up 50/50 or better no ?

Or that it is not a good way to see it ?

15 minutes ago, Barnack said:

That was my thought seeing that Intl monday was bigger than dbo and that the china + japan could make a bit more than the 100m gap (or at the minimum worst case all of it), it should end up 50/50 or better no ?

Or that it is not a good way to see it ?

That’s how I’m looking at it. And even if this is an aberration, if Domestic has another 250, and international (sans Japan and China) follows 80% of Domestic, we still land at 1.2B. China and Japan should safely take us across 1.3