kayumanggi

BLACK PANTHER | 646.8 M overseas ● 1346.9 M worldwide

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Most of MCU's soloheroes were released in MCU's infancy.

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

Even the last two, Dr. Strange and Ant Man, made less than 680 m and 520 m WORLDWIDE, respectively.

Yeah and we had 2 sequels and a spider-man reboot last year that did not even make 900M WW. They all got close but couldn't pass that threshold. Not sure what ironjimbo is trying to imply. This will be the only MCU movie without ironman in it to make over 1B.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, YLF said:

Yeah and we had 2 sequels and a spider-man reboot last year that did not even make 900M WW. They all got close but couldn't pass that threshold. Not sure what ironjimbo is trying to imply. This will be the only MCU movie without ironman in it to make over 1B.

It’s going to be their highest grossing entry without RDJ. 

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

It's going to be the highest grossing solo superhero movie. Bigger than any Spider-man, Iron Man or Batman movie.

The success cannot be denied.

That kitty ain’t no pussy!

I am not a marvel fanatic and yes I have been freaking out the last few days about this movie but I do not think it is perfect. But the success and impact of this movie in the U.S. and some places worldwide is undeniable. this movie will make 1.3 billion worldwide, and I don't think its sequels can create a perfect storm of excitement like they did with this one.

2 minutes ago, commendable said:

I am not a marvel fanatic and yes I have been freaking out the last few days about this movie but I do not think it is perfect. But the success and impact of this movie in the U.S. and some places worldwide is undeniable. this movie will make 1.3 billion worldwide, and I don't think its sequels can create a perfect storm of excitement like they did with this one.

Oh I definitely do expect the sequel to decrease from the first. How much remains to be seen. The question will be how much compared to AoU and TLJ's percentage decrease from their predecessors. 

2 minutes ago, commendable said:

Eh probably not but it’s still regardless a new toy pushing-franchise for the ole Big Red Bumper.

9 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

I have hope it will hold, panthers can't bear snow after all xD

giphy.gif

A panther is a melanistic leopard. :D Leopards can absolutely live in snow and some are adapted just for it.  Who knows, it may best Frozen despite the chill. ;)