kayumanggi

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR | 1369.5 M overseas ● 2048.4 M worldwide

9 minutes ago, bladels said:

Dam, IW is stirring up the talk about law protect local movies in Vietnam again

It's not IW's fault that distributors stupidly released 2 local movies in the same weekend as IW then got destroyed :redcapes:

God, I hope they don't pass the law. I don't want to have to wait 2 weeks to watch Avengers 4. Spoilers will be unavoidable :whosad:

Chinese fans send their greetings. Lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, bladels said:

Dam, IW is stirring up the talk about law protect local movies in Vietnam again

It's not IW's fault that distributors stupidly released 2 local movies in the same weekend as IW then got destroyed :redcapes:

God, I hope they don't pass the law. I don't want to have to wait 2 weeks to watch Avengers 4. Spoilers will be unavoidable :whosad:

Man I fucking hate communism so much.

• Sad 1

From Deadline:

MONDAY UPDATE: Disney/Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War has blown past its estimated $630M global opening. That was already a giant worldwide record, and with updated weekend numbers tallied, it has bounded to $640.9M through Sunday. The final domestic figures won’t be available until later today, although Disney is estimating $258.2M this morning. At the international box office, the debut jumps from a $380M projection to $382.7M.

In the Sunday estimates (see below), Infinity War’s opening had toppled the previous global record set by The Fate Of The Furious last year. With the updated figures, it has now lapped that movie’s $543M debut by almost $100M. Internationally, Infinity War takes a backseat to F8 as the No. 2 all-time overseas opener. A key thing to remember here is that unlike F8, Infinity War did not have China or Russia in its opening suite.

In the 72% of the international footprint where the 19th MCU entry opened this weekend, it exploded in markets where Marvel typically excels, in Latin America for example, and was supercharged in some that have historically not played as well.

The Top 5 roster of offshore openers did not change order from Sunday, although there were some slight shifts. The UK came in at $41.4M, $800K off the estimate, while Korea was on par at $39.2M (the local estimate puts it at $43M+ through Monday). Mexico rose from its initially lofty heights to a greater $25.4M; Australia and Brazil also jumped a touch, to $23.2M and $19.1M, respectively.

Coming off this massive weekend and with repeat viewing a must for many, Infinity War is looking at a big start to the week, particularly in hubs that observe the May 1 May Day holiday including France, Germany, Mexico and Brazil.

Edited by Purple Minion
  • Like 4

Avengers - Infinity War Is Historic On Monday

Avengers - Infinity War is heading for historic collections on Monday with collections which are set to be around 24 crore nett. They could go even higher in the morning as the film could outperform in the South. the drop will be around 20-25% from Friday which is phenomenal. 

The film was doing huge occupancy over the weekend which was on par with Bahubali - The Conclusion and when occupancy is high there is a good chance of a strong hold but this hold is more than just strong. The ticket rates were held over weekend rates and a holiday in some places also gave the film a boost.

The total collections over the first four days will be around 118 crore nett and a 170-175 crore nett first week total is there for the taking depending on the next few days. The film is going to be the highest Hollywood grosser in India by a distance and if the film goes on like this for another 2-3 days and it could even be setting itself up for the first 300 crore nett grosser in India from Hollywood.

https://www.boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=3894

300cr nett means roughly 400cr gross and 60M dollars:ohmygod:

I predicted some days back that it may do 50M in India but 60M is just nuts.

Edited by oMeriMombatti
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 11

4 minutes ago, The Mad Titan said:

Any idea for Monday totals? 

Already $4M just from SK.

So I’m gonna extrapolate off that with my very proven scientific formula (don’t ask, I don’t share) and guesstimate Monday to be around 35M

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sam said:

So I’m gonna extrapolate off that with my very proven scientific formula (don’t ask, I don’t share) and guesstimate Monday to be around 35M

Works for me. So OS will run about 50% ahead of domestic until China drops?

8 minutes ago, Sam said:

It will be a bit bigger i think, 4m india, 4m sk, 3m jap. Thats 11m already with only 3 markets. So it's will go over i think. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oMeriMombatti said:
Avengers - Infinity War Is Historic On Monday

Avengers - Infinity War is heading for historic collections on Monday with collections which are set to be around 24 crore nett. They could go even higher in the morning as the film could outperform in the South. the drop will be around 20-25% from Friday which is phenomenal. 

The film was doing huge occupancy over the weekend which was on par with Bahubali - The Conclusion and when occupancy is high there is a good chance of a strong hold but this hold is more than just strong. The ticket rates were held over weekend rates and a holiday in some places also gave the film a boost.

The total collections over the first four days will be around 118 crore nett and a 170-175 crore nett first week total is there for the taking depending on the next few days. The film is going to be the highest Hollywood grosser in India by a distance and if the film goes on like this for another 2-3 days and it could even be setting itself up for the first 300 crore nett grosser in India from Hollywood.

https://www.boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=3894

300cr nett means roughly 400cr gross and 60M dollars:ohmygod:

I predicted some days back that it may do 50M in India but 60M is just nuts.

Tuesday is a holiday in many places in India due to May day so the gross will be good on Tuesday as well

Edited by ZeeSoh

1 hour ago, pepsa said:

It will be a bit bigger i think, 4m india, 4m sk, 3m jap. Thats 11m already with only 3 markets. So it's will go over i think. 

Look at you already disprove my proven scientific method :whosad:

But yeah, I agree. I was thinking at least 40M+ but then that’s such a great number, especially a great drop from Sunday that I kinda hesitated lol. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Quigley said:

Should do $50M+ I think

I think that might be a bit too high but 50M Mon would put 65M Tue on the table.

Mon+Tue potentially bigger than last week Wed+Thu opening? 

1 minute ago, The Mad Titan said:

Do we have any idea what the number actually was?

Nope, aside from a few markets that pepsa listed above, we won’t know till tomorrow.

6 hours ago, Quigley said:

Should do $50M+ I think

I do think you are right. Biggest drop so far is only 60-65% in Australia. Most seem to be doing sub 50% thanks to various holidays today and tomorrow.

• Like 1