kayumanggi

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR | 1369.5 M overseas ● 2048.4 M worldwide

8 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

So about 62% drop removing new opening (Russia).

What? No!!

It did about 147 this weekend without Russia. Last weekend it did about 285-290 for FSS. So thats a drop of around 49% which is a very very good second weekend drop especially after the huge opening weekend

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

What? No!!

It did about 147 this weekend without Russia. Last weekend it did about 285-290 for FSS. So thats a drop of around 49% which is a very very good second weekend drop especially after the huge opening weekend

Oh right, I forgot last weekend included Wed/Thurs for many places. 

4 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

What? No!!

What he says basically. It went from 287 to 145 million, without Russia, dropping less than 50% . That’s kind of amazing for a comic book film, these drop os quite fast, when no new markets are added, and better than what I was expecting. If only the u.s drop had been lower this would be gunning for titanic worldwide but alas....

http://deadline.com/2018/05/avengers-infinity-war-second-weekend-results-international-box-office-1202383537/

In the current frame, Infinity War held the No. 1 spot for a Hollywood film in each of its 54 material overseas markets. It set a new opening weekend record in Russiawith $17.6M. Elsewhere, it is already the highest grossing release in industry history in Brazil, Indonesia and the Philippines; and the 2nd highest grossing release in industry history in India (western) and Mexico behind The Jungle Book and Coco, respectively.

MORE…

Edited by fabiopazzo2
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 1

(162.6-17.6)/(383-95) = 0.503

=> 49.7% drop

Very good hold. Way better than DOM

Let's have some fun with math:

First remove $95M first 2 days and about $60 holidays (Mon, Tues) bonus out of the equation

49.7% should guarantee at least 2.7x legs: 288 x 2.7 = $777.6M

Russia, let's just give it 2.5x: 17.6 x 2.5 = $44M

Gross from smaller countries: $10M

Total OS-China: 777.6+95+60+44+10 = $986.6M

Edited by bladels

I was really confused about they calculate the weekend gross.

Captain America opened to 200m OS ,including wednesday +thursday, and made $95m 3 days OS weekend in its 2nd outing(I removed the new opening from its 2nd weekend gross, i.e 217m-china, italy, russia and etc and get 95m)

From that figure....Cap america 3 dropped 53% from 2nd weekend(fri-sun) from 5 days opening(Wed-Sun). 

On the other hand, IW had 383m 5 days opening vs 2nd weekend(3 days)- 145m(-Russia).Apply the CW's calculation, the drop is 62%

10 minutes ago, bladels said:

(162.6-(17.6-4.6))/(383-95) = 0.519

=> 48.1% drop

Very good hold. Better than DOM

Thanks for the edit, I thought your initial post was wrong (which was giving a 53% drop I think) and it got me thinking where I got it wrong with my less than 50% estimated  drop.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Thanks for the edit, I thought your initial post was wrong (which was giving a 53% drop I think) and it got me thinking where I got it wrong with my less than 50% estimated  drop.

I was using estimate numbers for single days, updated it with weekend estimate from Gitesh :D

Updated again, apparently $162.6M included $4.6M Thursday from Russia 

Edited by bladels

22 minutes ago, bladels said:

(162.6-17.6)/(383-95) = 0.503

=> 49.7% drop

Very good hold. Way better than DOM

Let's have some fun with math:

First remove $95M first 2 days and about $60 holidays (Mon, Tues) bonus out of the equation

49.7% should guarantee at least 2.7x legs: 288 x 2.7 = $777.6M

Russia, let's just give it 2.5x: 17.6 x 2.5 = $44M

Gross from smaller countries: $10M

Total OS-China: 777.6+95+60+44+10 = $986.6M

This isn't quite right,a lot of OS markets include Thursday on the weekend, not just on OW, but every weekend so the 162.5M number is not FSS.

4 minutes ago, Tower said:

This isn't quite right,a lot of OS markets include Thursday on the weekend, not just on OW, but every weekend so the 162.5M number is not FSS.

Read it wrong the first time.

Which countries count Thursday in to wk?

Edited by bladels

3 minutes ago, Tower said:

The drop percentage week after week will still be similar nonetheless as you will then have to add thursday to both the past and present week figures. So it balances out. 

The actual numbers may be off but the percentage woud still be same and that is what matters in the long run. 

1 minute ago, bladels said:

Yeah but only Russia is big enough to make an impact.

I mean from last weeks openers, that are still counting Thursday this week like they always do like France or Italy, which means you are counting 3 days from last weekend to 4 days from this weekend, making the drop look artificially better.

3 minutes ago, Tower said:

I mean from last weeks openers, that are still counting Thursday this week like they always do like France or Italy, which means you are counting 3 days from last weekend to 4 days from this weekend, making the drop look artificially better.

Not if you just look at it day by day right? 

4 minutes ago, Tower said:

If that's true: (713.3-17.6-(566.7-4.9))/(383-95)=0.465 => 53.5% drop, still very good