kayumanggi

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR | 1369.5 M overseas ● 2048.4 M worldwide

Just rewatched TFA on Netflix, such an uneventful film. Basically a pale copy of ANH with just Harrison ford’s presence making it somewhat watchable. No Aleck Guinness, no peter Cushing, no charismatic young actors like young Harrison Ford .

Nostalgia was such a huge factor for this, I believe TLJ would have dropped even it wasn’t divisive, it probably would have done around 1.5 billion worldwide (an extra 100 million in the u.s and another extra 100 overseas).

Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, John Marston said:

someone on Reddit pointed out how AOU made 20m from Venezuela but because the currency broke the floor, Infinity War will only make about 2m. Wow, 20m from Venezuela would have taken it over 2 billion already

Reddit tends to forget that inflation is a thing that exists and in Venezuela is crazy high. The economic disaster no doubt hurted IW an all other movies, but the currency broke the floor because of inflation, unlike other Latin American markets like Brazil and Mexico where it doesn't get anywhere close to compensating the ER fall. 

Argentina is a similar case. With 2010 exchange rates IW would have made more than 60M... But accounting for inflation it barely increases from its current total.  

This guy in reddit get its right: While the ER is a key factor in several market, specially Latinoamerica (but not Venezuela), the overall effect worldwide is almost totally negated by inflation. In fact, in Venezuela the gross would be even lower. 

Edited by salvador-232
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

Reddit tends to forget that inflation is a thing that exists and in Venezuela is crazy high. The economic disaster no doubt hurted IW an all other movies, but the currency broke the floor because of inflation, unlike other Latin American markets like Brazil and Mexico where it doesn't get anywhere close to compensating the ER fall. 

Argentina is a similar case. With 2010 exchange rates IW would have made more than 60M... But accounting for inflation it barely increases from its current total.  

Agree, venezula's economy was so bizarre, so upsetting, combined with political chaos, the cinema activity was fundamentally broken, suggest that the drop in attendance is harsh..... 

Anyone know what's up with this?

Last weekend:

Disney/Marvel’s juggernaut added $32.5M in 36 material markets this weekend

This weekend: 

In its 6th weekend of overseas play, Disney/Mavel’s Avengers: Infinity Waradded $24.3M in 54 international markets. 

Why did it lose 19 markets last weekend and then gain 18 back again the this weekend? Not just deadline, but the-numbers.com and boxofficemojo also reported the same amounts of markets for those 2 weekends. Has to be just an error, right?

24 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $642,869,932    32.7%
Foreign:  $1,323,125,043    67.3%

Worldwide:  $1,965,994,975  

is that a OS actual number?

Yes, OS is $1.1M higher with actuals.

Last weekend, OS–C was $14.46M.

This weekend is about $11.1M ($14.2M in China). The drop is 23%.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&view=byweekend&wk=2018W22&id=marvel0518.htm

OS–C total is $966M. Last week it was $951M. That means $3.9M during the weekdays. A very likely harsh drop will occur next weekend due to the release of Jurassic World 2. China, Australia, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Japan are the major territories where Jurassic World 2 won't open next weekend.

Range for final OS–C total is $983–990M I think (calculated using constant drops of 40% for the high number and 50% for the low number).

Very bad, horrible worst-case scenario is above $2B: 980 (OS) + 363 (C) + 660 (NA). We are looking at around $2.035B for its final WW total, unless it holds well against Jurassic World 2, in which (unlikely) case it could give TFA a run for its money.

Edited by Quigley
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Quigley said:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&view=byweekend&wk=2018W22&id=marvel0518.htm

OS–C total is $966M. Last week it was $951M. That means $3.9M during the weekdays. A very likely harsh drop will occur next weekend due to the release of Jurassic World 2. China, Australia, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Japan are the major territories where Jurassic World 2 won't open next weekend.

Range for final OS–C total is $983–990M I think (calculated using constant drops of 40% for the high number and 50% for the low number).

Very bad, horrible worst-case scenario is above $2B: 980 (OS) + 363 (C) + 660 (NA). We are looking at around $2.035B for its final WW total, unless it holds well against Jurassic World 2, in which (unlikely) case it could give TFA a run for its money.

China was 35+31.45+23.2 = 89.65m or $14m so OS China weekend was $11.3m

And yeah US actuals should be a tad better.

Worst case china isn't that low, it does more than 1m daily, today it did $1.2m and ps are up 10% for Tue.

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 1

Spoiler
32 minutes ago, Quigley said:

Very good summary! 

I would like if I had one <_<

You est around $2.035B total, what is your breakdown and does that include a extention in China?

Edited by pepsa

11 minutes ago, pepsa said:
  Hide contents

Very good summary! 

I would like if I had one <_<

You est around $2.035B total, what is your breakdown and does that include a extention in China?

Do get there, yeah I assumed an extension in China: 987 + 376 + 672 (give or take 1-2 million for each) = 2035

1 minute ago, Quigley said:

Do get there, yeah I assumed an extension in China: 987 + 376 + 672 (give or take 1-2 million for each) = 2035

I would agree, if I had to change anything I would put China $4m higher and US also $5m higher.

• Like 2