kayumanggi

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR | 1369.5 M overseas ● 2048.4 M worldwide

16 minutes ago, bladels said:

GOGT2 and AOU's legs get IW DOM to $675M, IW's better than those 2 when facing competition so I think it can get to $680M. With a little push from Disney, I think it's possible

OS-China will be at ~$975M+ after this weekend, need little more than 2x this wk to get $1B. It'll be tough with JW on horizon but IW showed it could recover from direct competitions before.

10% seems about right, right?

Yeah, China having good late legs made it possible again.

And OS-Ch legs kind of partly recovered too and tend to get even better, as mature markets have a higher and higher share (For Example: Germany third biggest, despite being just the eight biggest opening (actually tenth as Russia and China opened bigger too)

And China having Child's day on Friday, and a really small drop in Germany and Uk will also help with 1B so, I think it could fall short.

But I honestly never thought IW could get that incredibly close to TFA OS-China considering the fact that TFA grossed 180M in the Uk, 111M in Germany and 98M in Japan and 88M in France.

8 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

With China looking to be around $14.2M that would mean an OS-China weekend of $6.8M and a drop off 

54% for OS-China.

It will be close to $22m and 8.5m OS-China.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

It's going to be real close to TFA worldwide. Thinking 385M China/995M OS-China/690M Dom = 2.07B. At least 2.05B is locked

I won’t say its a lock. Will depend on JW:FK impact which opens to biggest European markets June 6.

Here’s my current mid-range forecast:

Domestic - $680m

OS-C - $980m

China - $368m

WW: $2.028b

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Asyulus said:

IW OS > BP WW

:hahaha:

Nothing for BP to be ashamed of. It did spectacularly overseas (since this is the os thread) being the n.2 solo (lol) superhero film of all time overseas after iron man 3 , if we don’t count civil war.

Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Asyulus said:

I won’t say its a lock. Will depend on JW:FK impact which opens to biggest European markets June 6.

Here’s my current mid-range forecast:

Domestic - $680m

OS-C - $980m

China - $368m

WW: $2.028b

It could stop making a dime in Europe after this w/e and would still hit 2B between China and the U.S.

• Like 3

OS number is all over the place because of ER fluctuation :lol:

Look like OS-China is at ~$969M (it's $965.2M based on latest number) after $11.1M weekend, should finish at ~$985-990M 

Edited by bladels

5 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Whaaaat, 11.1 OS-China estimate? That would be a great hold if true. Also their China number looks lower than it should be, wonder how much of that is down to exchange rates vs an underestimated Sunday.

11M OS-China is a great hold from last weekend. 

Heading for 980M OS-China total at least, even with JW coming

980M OS-China

370M China (should be more, but gotta be accounting for the wonky ER)

675M Dom 

2.025B total. All the above total estimates could go up.