kayumanggi

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR | 1369.5 M overseas ● 2048.4 M worldwide

21 minutes ago, Mrstickball said:

Of the billion dollar OS movies (Titanic, Avatar, F7, F8, TFA, and JW), Infinity War has already captured 1st place in the following markets:

India

Indonesia

Philippines

Thailand

It is getting extremely close in the following countries, and should pass the record holder no later than this weekend:

Malaysia

Mexico

Singapore

It may have a lot more smaller territories, but I haven't seen confirmed numbers for places like Vietnam yet. 

First place out of those six movies or out of all movies?

21 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

First place out of those six movies or out of all movies?

Needless to say, first place out of those 6 movies is first place out of all movies in 90% + markets :P

Japan & Mexico are the exceptions that I remember.

Edited by oMeriMombatti

2 minutes ago, oMeriMombatti said:

Needless to say, first place out of those 6 movies is first place out of all movies in 90% + markets :P

Japan & Mexico are the exceptions that I remember.

And India, Jungle Book is currently top there (only for like 3 more days though)

3 hours ago, pepsa said:

Nope still tracking to pass it on friday

Thinking 15.7M Dom + 35.3M OS (include Russia OD) for WW Total of ~909M up to Thursday.

Need 91M WW Friday. Dom should manage around 36M at least, 55M OS Fri I think is a bit much considering there’s no new openers beside Russia. Also that would be a -36% from last Friday. Seems too optimistic to me. 

Maybe I just go about this wrongly lol. What’s your projections for 1B by Friday? 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Sam said:

Thinking 15.7M Dom + 35.3M OS (include Russia OD) for WW Total of ~909M up to Thursday.

Need 91M WW Friday. Dom should manage around 36M at least, 55M OS Fri I think is a bit much considering there’s no new openers beside Russia. Also that would be a -36% from last Friday. Seems too optimistic to me. 

Maybe I just go about this wrongly lol. What’s your projections for 1B by Friday? 

You are right, but if we have 35 today it would only need to jump 50% on friday to get it right? 

34 minutes ago, Sam said:

FWIW:

Japan will be down just 20% due to holidays

Korea is down about 44%

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pepsa said:

You are right, but if we have 35 today it would only need to jump 50% on friday to get it right? 

True. It’s just that it’s been following TA OS quite closely so far, and for second Friday, TA only managed 30.3M (not sure how reliable that is, but it’s the only daily data I managed to find for TA 2nd weekend). That’s a +32% from its Thu.

I can see IW having a better jump though. I was just hesitating with a 55M Friday cause it’s quite a small weekly drop, and also cause Russia gonna see a drop off from OD Thu. 

Would love for it to beat my expectations and cruise through 1B in 10 days! 

1 hour ago, Mrstickball said:

Of the billion dollar OS movies (Titanic, Avatar, F7, F8, TFA, and JW), Infinity War has already captured 1st place in the following markets:

India

Indonesia

Philippines

Thailand

It is getting extremely close in the following countries, and should pass the record holder no later than this weekend:

Malaysia

Mexico

Singapore

It may have a lot more smaller territories, but I haven't seen confirmed numbers for places like Vietnam yet. 

The only number I have for IW in Vietnam is it passed 100B dong ~ $4.4M in the first 5 days, beat previous record by 2 days. They probably won't release any more data until it hits round numbers like 150B dong or 200B dong.

Theaters are expecting it will be the first movie to pass $10M

Other movies total gross in Vietnam:

Titanic NA

TFA ~ $895K LOL

JW ~ $4.4M

AOU ~ $5.25M

F7, F8 ~ $7M

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, bladels said:

The only number I have for IW in Vietnam is it passed 100B dong ~ $4.4M in the first 5 days, beat previous record by 2 days. They probably won't release any more data until it hits round numbers like 150B dong or 200B dong.

Theaters are expecting it will be the first movie to pass $10M

Other movies total gross in Vietnam:

Titanic NA

TFA ~ $895K LOL

JW ~ $4.4M

AOU ~ $5.25M

F7, F8 ~ $7M

Kong didn’t manage to pass 10M there even with the big opening?

8 minutes ago, Sam said:

Kong didn’t manage to pass 10M there even with the big opening?

Kong was at around $7.5-8M when the tracking stopped so maybe $8M+? I only know for sure that it didn't reach 200B dong (~$8.8M)

Edited by bladels

5 minutes ago, Proxima Olive said:

That’s a steeper drop from Wed than I expected.

Apparently Russia did 5M OD, so 27M the rest, -16% from yesterday.

Edited by Sam