Plain Old Tele

BOT: THE REVISITING -- now up, 1987! MINI-EXTENSION, deadline is tonight, June 25!

1 minute ago, Goffe said:

I prefer Army a little better than 2, but they are pretty equal in my book. I also think 1 is not very good, is too much like a student film for me to enjoy.

That's a good way of putting it. There were some moments in there where the whole thing was just unfocused and hazy, and it didn't feel much like a creative choice. There was enough in there for me to enjoy it but you can definitely tell that Raimi was still finding his groove.

7 minutes ago, aabattery said:

That's nice and all but look at how much I have to suffer:

56MyCeL.jpg

Curse Netflix ANZ and their vendetta against the second movie in certain franchises.

Hey guess what? Netflix US doesn't have any of that either! :sadben: 

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Hey guess what? Netflix US doesn't have any of that either! :sadben: 

I might have these but don't act like your Netflix library isn't like a million times bigger than mine. This is my low-horse and you're not allowed on it. Let me whine.

6 hours ago, 75live said:

oh come on, you don't remember Fred Savage cursing up a storm?  That may have been the director's cut though

:P 

Didn't a 20 year old Tarantino do an uncredited script doctoring on Princess Bride?  That would explain Savage and Falk reciting Ezekiel 25:17 :)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I enjoyed the hell out of Evil Dead II but the first one is at least its equal. It legitimately freaked me out and its raw and unpolished look and feel only contribute to the effect.

I think Evil Dead is the best one as well.

• Like 1

I'm not a horror nut by any means so there might be some stuff in there that didn't really grip me like it has you guys.

I just checked Letterboxd and it says I've watched 22 horror films in total out of about ~1100 I've seen overall. And it's a real stretch to call some of these horror movies.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I'm not a horror nut by any means so there might be some stuff in there that didn't really grip me like it has you guys.

I just checked Letterboxd and it says I've watched 22 horror films in total out of about ~1100 I've seen overall. And it's a real stretch to call some of these horror movies.

I've got 36 in mine. Hmm.

Lmao, Goosebumps and The Burbs are considered horror :lol: 

Edited by WrathOfHan

27 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I'm a baby who doesn't wanna get spooked so I tend to avoid them. 

I'm not much of a horror guy either... certainly not to the extent of seeking out most of them. But there are tons of horror films that're really good and have way more to offer than just scares. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

I'm not much of a horror guy either... certainly not to the extent of seeking out most of them. But there are tons of horror films that're really good and have way more to offer than just scares. 

Yeah, I know, I know. I'm working on it but I have a pretty big backlog of movies to watch and I generally find myself tucking those classic horror ones under other things. I'll get to them one day. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I'm a baby who doesn't wanna get spooked so I tend to avoid them. 

Yeah, horror is not my thing either. I think as far as horror goes  I only watched The Shallows last year and I had a very special reason to do so. :ph34r:

By the way, a 2009 list would be very interesting. It might end up breaking the forum though...

3 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Yeah, I know, I know. I'm working on it but I have a pretty big backlog of movies to watch and I generally find myself tucking those classic horror ones under other things. I'll get to them one day. 

Just think of NEAR DARK as a romance combined with a dysfunctional family drama. :) 

• Like 4

Just now, aabattery said:

I really just started getting into horror films last year, and I really liked 90% of the ones I've seen, except Texas Chainsaw Massacre, I hated all the characters... and it was actually too messed up for me, after a while I was just turned off to it.

Halloween and Scream have been my favorites so far. and I didn't find either one to be terribly frightening.  and then Classic stuff like The Shining and Psycho which were incredible, but I'm not sure I would label them straight up horror. Green Room was also amazing. not really straight up horror either though. 

• Like 2