grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

3 minutes ago, XO21 said:

comscore-7-10.jpg?w=1260

I suppose Valerian is aimed at teens/young adults....it looks very bad, barely above Apes which is far from that demo and below Emoji

Did you seriously just try and make 4th place for this movie sound bad when it's only barely behind Infinity War?

Dude...

I searched up The Emoji Movie on Twitter.  Pretty much every single tweet about the movie is straight up mocking it, not people genuinely excited to see it.

So if we take that out of the equation, Valerian is only behind an Avengers movie and Dunkirk, which is getting a lot of Twitter buzz because of Harry Styles.  That's pretty damn fucking good for it.

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Did you seriously just try and make 4th place for this movie sound bad when it's only barely behind Infinity War?

Dude...

Actually the mentions of Infinity War come from "Spidey will be in Infinity War", that's amount of activity it's getting (aka low)

I'm not hostile I'll be seeing the movie 

Just now, XO21 said:

Actually the mentions of Infinity War come from "Spidey will be in Infinity War", that's amount of activity it's getting (aka low)

I'm not hostile I'll be seeing the movie 

So if that's the case, the fact that it's only behind Dunkirk, that, and Emoji Movie only makes it even more impressive.

10 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Dude...

Infinity war is released 277 days after Valerian, it is not supposed to be on list like that.

Just now, Barnack said:

Infinity war is released 277 days after Valerian, it is not supposed to be on list like that.

As XO21 pointed out, a lot of the tweets are people saying how Spider-Man is in Infinity War, along with a lot of click bait stories about character's future and "leaked set photos."

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

As XO21 pointed out, a lot of the tweets are people saying how Spider-Man is in Infinity War, along with a lot of click bait stories about character's future and "leaked set photos."

Yes, I get why it did pop up, but it is still a movie far far away that just have some set photos, not actual marketing spent, not sure it is a good comparable for a movie about to be released to use, it would be better to use similar movie during their month leading to the release date.

Just now, Barnack said:

Yes, I get why it did pop up, but it is still a movie far far away that just have some set photos, not actual marketing spent, not sure it is a good comparable for a movie about to be released to use, it would be better to use similar movie during their month leading to the release date.

I'm only mentioning it in the first place because it's barely ahead of Valerian.

APES Ticket Promotions:

https://www.atomtickets.com/promotions/t-mobile-tuesdays-apes-terms

T-Mobile Tuesdays - $4 Ticket for War for the Planet of the Apes - Terms & Conditions

LIMITED TIME ONLY: Eligible T-Mobile Customers, get your WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES ticket for $4. OFFER VALID from 5:00 am ET on July 11, 2017 until 11:59 pm PT on July 17, 2017. During that time, if you got your T-MOBILE TUESDAY promotional code on July 11, 2017, use that code to buy one (1) ticket to see WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES via the Atom Tickets app for $4.

https://www.atomtickets.com/promotions/chase-pay-planet-of-the-apes-bogo-terms

Buy 1 Get 1 Free Tickets for Planet of the Apes using Chase Pay

Buy one (1) ticket to WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES via the Atom Tickets app between 10:00 am PT on July 3, 2017 and until supplies last, and receive one (1) additional promotional ticket at no charge if you use Chase Pay for your purchase.

11 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

What about Wish Upon? How's that tracking?

Cant see any tracking numbers for it yet and havent seen it pop up on Pulse yet. 

Pro Boxoffice is forecasting a 8.5m OW and 19.5 total DOM

Apes is doing okay here...nothing earth-shatttering, but still 3 days to go...

1st local 2 screens (1 2d, 1 3d)

2d 39/350

3d 9/200

2nd local 2 screens (1 2d, 1 3d)

2d 31/400

3d 8/220

Since Atom has all the Apes deals, Fandango and MovieTickets.com may not be the best place to watch sales, especially tomorrow when the $4 ticket deal kicks in...

10 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

My mall already had The Big Sick last weekend on 2 screens - I don't know if either local is getting it yet for this weekend - they have not posted Thursday night presales yet if they are...

He meant Dunkirk.

• Like 2