grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Theater update 3 hours away:

7:00 AM: 14/78

7:00 Sexes: 0/67

8:15 AM: 2/60

Ugh, I really hope Sexes doesn't turn out to be another Big Sick (box office wise; quality wise would be pretty damn swell :lol: ).

Fox Searchlight would be thrilled if Sexes did Big Sick numbers domestically.  It would be more than Birdman & Brooklyn and their biggest film since Grand Budapest Hotel.

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Ugh, I really hope Sexes doesn't turn out to be another Big Sick (box office wise; quality wise would be pretty damn swell :lol: ).

42 million dbo for Battle of the sexes would be great imo (and I think undeniably great), unlike Big Sick it should play a bit more foreign (pure comedy have an harder time), I imagine closer to a 60/40 or even 50/50 than Big Sick 80/20.

Do not know the exact budget but they only spent 16.8m in qualified for tax credit below the line in California (the only state they shooted on):

http://film.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/CFC-Approved-Projects-List.pdf

With that around 3.5m in tax credit they will get, even if you add 15m in above the line/story right cost, they would stay comfortably below 30m net.

Edited by Barnack

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Fandango Meter

4:30pm

AM: 12 avg  (Hitman: 11- 4pm, Dark Tower 13.3-t 4:30, Am Ass: 13.4 - 4pm, AB: 18.3 - 4pm)

BOS: 2 avg

Flatliners: 2 avg

abcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabc

:insane: my club is happening 

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Battle of the Sexes is likely gonna skew very old. I wouldn't read much into pre-sales at all.

I would imagine also very few if any show with reserve seating for a movie like that, making pre-sales more of an useless concept and probably very low number in general.

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Eh that audience would probably skew younger and less walk up heavy than a Cruise movie.  A Cruise movie will also have bigger legs even if it opens under.

AA was rated R too. I don't know how young the audience was

Edited by Alli

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I would imagine also very few if any show with reserve seating for a movie like that, making pre-sales more of an useless concept and probably very low number in general.

I don't have a lot of Fandango comps for adult dramas but Detroit was averaging 7 at 4.30 & The Castle 3 at 7:30