grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

6 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

I'm guessing more showings will be added either today or tomorrow. It seems to be doing fairly well though. Doing better than Shazam! was doing at my theater around the same timeframe.

Good to hear. Thanks bruh 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Unlike Shazam which in final week of release 

detective pikachu won’t get overshadowed by Endgame opening its pre sales  

Too bad Crooked Sony is going to likely have tickets up for Far From Home, destroying Honest Pikachu. Sad!

• Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Too bad Crooked Sony is going to likely have tickets up for Far From Home, destroying Honest Pikachu. Sad!

It's simply DASTARDLY! 

Look for Disney to put Episode 9 tickets on sale the same day as Godzilla.

• Astonished 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1

9 hours ago, Mulder said:

First count of today, only Thursdays-

Aladdin-67, 7 screenings (2 IMAX, 2 3D, 2 Regular+Fan Screening)

Detective Pikachu-136 (+10), 6 screenings (3 3D, 3 Regular) Final Week

John Wick-81 (+6), 4 screenings (2 IMAX, 2 Regular)

Holy fuck this Pikachu increase. :ohmygod: Also John Wick continues to show really good signs of breaking out.

Final count of today (Was doing something so a bit late), only Thursdays-

Aladdin-68 (+1), 7 screenings (2 IMAX, 2 3D, 2 Regular+Fan Screening)

Detective Pikachu-144 (+18), 6 screenings (3 3D, 3 Regular) Final Week

John Wick-77 (+2), 4 screenings (2 IMAX, 2 Regular)

Pikachu had an insane increase today which it really needed, hopefully this is indicative of a wider trend. Also I might be speculating too much but...tbh I'm feeling worried for Aladdin. While it initially had good pre-sales this slow down is...somewhat troubling. There's showings with only one or two tickets sold still. But anyways in total today Aladdin sold one ticket, Detective Pikachu sold an insane 18 tickets, and John Wick sold 2 which is less then my earlier count of 6. I possibly miscounted earlier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Astonished 4

3 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

It's simply DASTARDLY! 

Look for Disney to put Episode 9 tickets on sale the same day as Godzilla.

I was about to say that Disney's probably gonna drop ticket sales for The Lion King on June 7 to sabotage Dark Phoenix but then I remembered they actually are releasing Dark Phoenix now. :lol:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I was about to say that Disney's probably gonna drop ticket sales for The Lion King on June 7 to sabotage Dark Phoenix but then I remembered they actually are releasing Dark Phoenix now. :lol:

Which gives them more of a reason to sabotage Dark Phoenix. 

Not that any studio needs to do such a thing for that movie. 

Edited by Nova
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Final count of today (Was doing something so a bit late), only Thursdays-

Aladdin-68 (+1), 7 screenings (2 IMAX, 2 3D, 2 Regular+Fan Screening)

Detective Pikachu-144 (+18), 6 screenings (3 3D, 3 Regular) Final Week

John Wick-77 (+2), 4 screenings (2 IMAX, 2 Regular)

Pikachu had an insane increase today which it really needed, hopefully this is indicative of a wider trend. Also I might be speculating too much but...tbh I'm feeling worried for Aladdin. While it initially had good pre-sales this slow down is...somewhat troubling. There's showings with only one or two tickets sold still. But anyways in total today Aladdin sold one ticket, Detective Pikachu sold an insane 18 tickets, and John Wick sold 2 which is less then my earlier count of 6. I possibly miscounted earlier.

Btw I looked at Saturday just out of curiosity and two of the digital DP showings are already incredibly close to selling out.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

it is doing better than what I expected. But I am expecting some front loading here. Could end up with < 3.0 multiplier. I hope it opens > 80m. You dont just want Marvel movies to do well.

Front loading for family movie ? Why would that happen 

kids are gonna love this movie

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Minnale101 said:

Been saying this for past week. But @Nova kept giving me the wtf face 😂

In MY defense. I have been Winona Rydering everyone the last several weeks. And will continue to do so. 

winonanew1.png

Edited by Nova
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 4
  • Knock It Off 1

I just want a good premiere number. All the people are hesitant to watch movie because pikachu is talking to find comfort after WOM speards. Japan who was the most unwilling to accept pikachu talking. Adore the movie   

Then it should explode 

Edited by Minnale101
  • ...wtf 1

Detective Pikachu Greater Sacramento Area Premiere Night Seat Report: T-4 Days and counting

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

16.71%

Total Seats Sold Today:                     110

I don't have any good comps like Incredibles 2, so these will have to do.  Use with caution:

.4453x as many tickets sold as Fallen Kingdom 4 days before release.           

.4155x as many tickets sold as Crimes of Grindelwald 4 days before release.

NOTE: If a theater locally that is now selling tickets for reserved seating was selling them for the above movies, but as non-reserved seating for that movie, it is not counted toward the ratio of 'as many tickets sold' for the movie in question.  If a theater is brand new to the region and wasn't yet open for one of the above movies, however, it will be counted toward the ratio.  It will also be counted toward the ratio if it was playing in a different number of theaters locally.

T-4 days:

JW2          220 tickets sold [0 sellouts/111 showings |  8833/11263 seats left  | 21.58% sold]

Pika (JW)     80 tickets sold [0 sellouts/62 showings   | 5271/6273 seats left     | 15.97% sold]

FB2           146 tickets sold [0 sellouts/98 showings   | 10691/13377 seats left | 20.08% sold] 

Pika (FBj)     82 tickets sold [0 sellouts/62 showings   |  5814/6930 seats left    | 16.10% sold]

Pika (JW) is the number of tickets sold at the same theaters I had tracking info for Fallen Kingdom

Pika (FB) is the number of tickets sold at the same theaters I had tracking info for Crimes of Grindelwald

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Aladdin Greater Sacramento Area Premiere Night Seat Report: T-18 Days and counting

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

6.18%

Total Seats Sold Today:                      32

The best comp I have so far is Detective Pikachu (which is still in pre-sales).  I also have less ideal comps with JW2 and FB2.  Use the later comps with caution.

Unadjusted Comps

1.9025x as many tickets sold as Detective Pikachu after seven days of pre-sales.

PRE-SALES NOTE:  [Pika Pika had 29 days of pre-sales while Aladdin had 24]

Day 7 of pre-sales:

Pika:    13  tickets sold  [0 sellouts/72 showings   |  7691/8009 seats left   |  3.97% sold]

Adjusted Comps

.4582x as many tickets sold as Fallen Kingdom after seven days of pre-sales.

.5000x as many tickets sold as Crimes of Grindelwald seven days of pre-sales.

PRE-SALES NOTE: JW2 had 22 days of pre-sales and FB2 had 30 days of pre-sales while Aladdin had 24.

ADJUSTMENT NOTE: If a theater locally that is now selling tickets for reserved seating was selling them for the above movies, but as non-reserved seating for that movie, it is not counted toward the ratio of 'as many tickets sold' for the movie in question.  If a theater is brand new to the region and wasn't yet open for one of the above movies, however, it will be counted toward the ratio.  It will also be counted toward the ratio if it was playing in a different number of theaters locally.

Day 7 of pre-sales:

JW2               106 tickets sold [0 sellouts/97 showings |   8856/10113 seats left | 12.43% sold]

Aladdin (JW)    25 tickets sold [0 sellouts/68 showings |   7863/8439 seats left   |   6.83% sold]

FB2                 68 tickets sold [0 sellouts/94 showings | 12221/13377 seats left  |  8.64% sold] 

Aladdin (FB)    25 tickets sold [0 sellouts/68 showings |   8299/8877 seats left    |  6.51% sold]  

Aladdin (JW) is the number of tickets sold at the same theaters I had tracking info for Fallen Kingdom

**Aladdin (FB) is the number of tickets sold at the same theaters I had tracking info for Crimes of Grindelwald

====

NOTE:: 

Starting tomorrow all comps will be T-based, T-17 days and counting, in this case.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1