grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

1 hour ago, MrPink said:

This is ultimately a good thing for the film frankly. 

Exactly and Pika increasing as much as it is DOM and OS can only be seen as very positive and clearly not tracking to what some thought a couple of days ago.

People need to stop underestimating Pokemon.

3 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Exactly and Pika increasing as much as it is DOM and OS can only be seen as very positive and clearly not tracking to what some thought a couple of days ago.

People need to stop underestimating Pokemon.

I’d calm down a bit on all that. It’s literally selling 3x what a movie who just opened to $11m is selling. Not saying it’s opening to $33m, but it’s not looking very strong right now. Maybe $70m

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

I’d calm down a bit on all that. It’s literally selling 3x what a movie who just opened to $11m is selling. Not saying it’s opening to $33m, but it’s not looking very strong right now. Maybe $70m

Reality is so mean :(

Put me at 65 so right where you are maybe a bit under.

Unrelated to FFH, one or two Regals near me have Godzilla up on sale (kind of a bad time to open up tickets but whatever). Previews also start, can you believe it, at 4PM. I guess Warner Bros. is gonna do this with all their movies now?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Unrelated to FFH, one or two Regals near me have Godzilla up on sale (kind of a bad time to open up tickets but whatever). Previews also start, can you believe it, at 4PM. I guess Warner Bros. is gonna do this with all their movies now?

The people who thought 4:00 PM is a good time to start previews at Warner Bros don’t know shit.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

The people who thought 4:00 PM is a good time to start previews at Warner Bros don’t know shit.

It’s outrageous. Previews should start at 12:00PM, that’s just natural :ph34r:

17 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

i'm basing this on my theaters which finally showed their times and a lot are already sold out for the weekend. All thursday showings are at least 60% full aside from 4 pm cause WB is stupid.

14 minutes ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

Are they only doing midnights on the Monday night for Far From Home?  Both theaters I looked at only had 12:01 a.m. times and later.

My theater's first show is at 9:45 that Tuesday morning so I guess they're just opening it regularly. I suppose it makes sense since with the move up it's now gonna have 6 full days to make money with the grosses being more spread out.

Just now, filmlover said:

My theater's first show is at 9:45 that Tuesday morning so I guess they're just opening it regularly. I suppose it makes sense since with the move up it's now gonna have 6 full days to make money with the grosses being more spread out.

FFH doesn’t have midnights at my theater either but it has morning showtimes the day it comes out. 

So im not gonna bother tracking it cause I literally have zero comps for that. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

Are they only doing midnights on the Monday night for Far From Home?  Both theaters I looked at only had 12:01 a.m. times and later.

Theaters near me don't even have midnights. The first show is at 10 am on Tuesday

• Like 2

Just now, Nova said:

FFH doesn’t have midnights at my theater either but it has morning showtimes the day it comes out. 

So im not gonna bother tracking it cause I literally have zero comps for that. 

Real curious to compare it's 6 day to CM and see how it does.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Real curious to compare it's 6 day to CM and see how it does.

It’ll have a holiday boost for 4th of July and the summer weekdays. I’d imagine they’ll be about the same but the 3-day weekend for FFH will be lower since demand will obviously have been eaten up. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Minnale101 said:

IMO being a fan of the franchise and personally knowing people who are fans of Pokémon 

some people are still hesitant to watch a movie where pikachu is talking like a 40 year old. I do think WOM will help attract the fans though and they will be pleasantly surprised  

Yea, this is me. I'd consider myself a fan of the franchise (played all main series games, watched anime up to Sinnoh, raid in Go daily), but I don't really have any interest in the PG-Deadpool Pikachu shown in the trailers. I wouldn't say I'm the majority though, there is some level of excitement in my Pokemon Go discord. As for the Go event, it's a good idea as long as the event pokemon isn't something actually good (ie Mewtwo) because then people will just raid all weekend instead of actually watching the movie. What they should do is tie the event into purchasing a ticket though. I know people who bought Let's Go and a Switch just to get Melmetals. :hahaha:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nerfy said:

Yea, this is me. I'd consider myself a fan of the franchise (played all main series games, watched anime up to Sinnoh, raid in Go daily), but I don't really have any interest in the PG-Deadpool Pikachu shown in the trailers. I wouldn't say I'm the majority though, there is some level of excitement in my Pokemon Go discord. As for the Go event, it's a good idea as long as the event pokemon isn't something actually good (ie Mewtwo) because then people will just raid all weekend instead of actually watching the movie. What they should do is tie the event into purchasing a ticket though. I know people who bought Let's Go and a Switch just to get Melmetals. :hahaha:

Japan hated the trailers too. So I read that the movie is well received there I was shocked 

if japan who hated had the pre determined notion movie sucked, likes the movie 

then it’s actually legitimately a good movie lol 

yeah the Pokémon games will definitely see a boost after detective pikachu 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Japan hated the trailers too. So I read that the movie is well received there I was shocked 

if japan who hated had the pre determined notion movie sucked, likes the movie 

then it’s actually legitimately a good movie lol 

yeah the Pokémon games will definitely see a boost after detective pikachu 

The fact that it has a RT score of 70 when it's a video game movie AND a pokemon film can tell you that. I think DP is gonna have a lot of walk up business.

• ...wtf 1