grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

6 minutes ago, BenedictL11 said:

Another theater close to my hometown did that, too. I cannot understand why these theaters like to wait until the 11th hour to do this. #BoyBye to them.

It's so stupid. And like I can't gauge how the movies are actually doing because I know the other theaters have really nice sales for both films because my theater didnt put up showtimes. But now the their sales for tonight are gonna suck because people bought tickets at the other theaters lol 

18 minutes ago, Nova said:

My personal theater is so dumb. They waited until late yesterday to post showtimes for The Predator and ASF for Thursday Night and the sales are TRAGIC. Meanwhile at the other theaters in the area for Thursday Night, The Predator is selling very nicely (as I mentioned before) and ASF is doing okay

But imagine being that stupid. The Predator has sold a whopping 5 tickets for tonight and ASF has sold a fantastic 4 tickets for tonight. Bunch of dumbasses. 

:hahaha:

When did your area switch places with @WrathOfHan's?

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

https://deadline.com/2018/09/venom-lady-gaga-a-star-is-born-bradely-cooper-box-office-projections-1202463889/

This year though Gravity‘s opening record is bound to be shattered finally as Sonyopens its Marvel title Venom on Oct. 5,but there’s bound to be even more traffic from Warner Bros. awards season darling A Star Is Born. Both hit tracking this morning and industry estimates are wild for Venom ranging from $60M-$70M+. Sony insiders are being conservative noting that no other release in October has ever exceeded Gravity‘s opening. But, of course, the whole notion of the off-season at the box office was thrown out the window some time ago; if the film’s an event, moviegoers aren’t staying at home –school or no school in session. Currently Venom is strongest among males both younger & older but also very strong with females as well. Definite interest is in the mid 50s in tracking numbers. Production cost for Venom is reportedly around $100M, however, Tencent from China is covering 33% of the budget we hear.

The big asterisk here on Venom is how its reviews turnout plus audience sentiment; that will determine if the pic falls below a $60M opening. Projections last November propped Justice League higher to $110M-$120M days before it opened, but reviews at 40% Rotten and a B+ CinemaScore dropped the pic to a $93.8M 3-day. Why is the industry seeing Venom so high? That’s because of its high numbers on tracking, and the competition and the marketplace that it’s opening against. Hello!? It’s the first big event film of the fall, and it’s a comic-book movie.

A Star Is Born will counterprogram Sony’s beast and is currently strong with women over 25 with a definite internet in the mid 30s. A mid to high $20Ms startis the sweet spot right now and a solid first chord to be struck on this Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper film. Tickets went on sale on Fandango and Atom Tickets yesterday. Word is Venom tickets go on sale tomorrow.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/venom-tracking-65m-bow-star-is-born-eyes-28m-30m-1142946

Director Ruben Fleischer's Venom is headed for a potent $65 million-plus debut at the North American box office, while Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga's high-profile A Star Is Born looks to sing its way to $28 million-$30 million, according to those with access to early prerelease surveys.

Edited by MattW

Tickets are up for the September 29 releases at my theater. Smallfoot has the biggest auditorium during the day while Hell Fest gets it at night (they’re in an average one otherwise), and Night School has the second biggest auditorium.

Edited by WrathOfHan

11 minutes ago, Nova said:

Never heard of this in my life and I wish I never heard of it. 

The Trump Prophecy: A Voice of Hope – A Movement of Prayer is the story of Fireman Mark Taylor and what he heard God tell him about America, Israel and the world. Seeking to answer the question “What does MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN really mean?”, this story of prayer and hope is in cinemas October 2 and 4 only. Inspiring and uplifting as it reminds us of the privilege and blessings we enjoy as Americans, The Trump Prophecy will include a reflective panel discussion with global leaders in history, religion and politics.

• ...wtf 1