Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

On 5/30/2017 at 9:06 PM, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

http://deadline.com/2017/05/wonder-woman-box-office-opening-worldwide-projection-gal-gadot-1202104439/

After all,  I am still right about my OW/DOM/WW 60/130/420 prediction...For the WIN !!!

By the way, the budget is 150m instead of 120m. I always knew that people were simply overestimating the financial performance of this movie. And,  I see a lot of people gunning for the 100 mil plus OW and 300 mil plus DOM in the other thread...A lot of them are gonna be so disappointed. 

You disappointed?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cochofles said:

My top 5

1- Wonder Woman

2-Superman The Movie

3-Spider-Man 2

4-Doctor Strange

5-Ant-Man

Honorable mentions in no order: X-men, Spider-Man, Captain America: The First Avenger, Man of Steel, Superman 2

Eagerly anticipating: Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Gotham Sirens, Justice League

Where's dat WW review, princess?

9 minutes ago, zapzapped said:

Split needs to be on the list. Its technically a comic book movie.

It's a superhero movie if it's connected to that other movie that shall not be named...

But it's not a CBM since the source material wasn't a comic.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I joked many times Wonder Woman kinda needed to be the Iron Man of the DCEU and it seems Gadot, Jenkins, the writers and the WB team have pulled it off ?

Isn't it crazy ?

What s next, Wondy becomes the leader of the League ?

Wondy becomes the mentor of The Flash ?

Wondy is the ally of Batman in The Batman ?

Wondy something Wondy ... 

:ohmyzod:

25 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

I wish!!!

JusticeLeagueBin4.jpg?ssl=1JusticeLeagueBin1.jpg?w=750&ssl=11

That twist when Batman and Superman are arguing over who should be JL leader and the rest of the team ends up voting for Wonder Woman instead :lol: Go for it Zack & Joss!

• Like 2

I think it will but I dont see it performing like a Marvel movie on Saturday.

Like how much can it really jump on Saturday from non preview Friday 10-20%

So imo I am not seeing 100 million as being certain yet .

Edited by Lordmandeep

Isn't WONDR's preview to OD ratio most impressive?

GOTG1  11.2 + 26.65 = 37.85, Aug 2014

WONDR 11.0 + 27.80 = 38.80, Jun 2017

This is despite a 3 years gap between them and front-loading has only increased, and Jun previews being heavier than other months.

GOTG1 fell 18% on both Sat and Sun.

If WONDR falls 15% on Sat (for 33) and 18% on Sun (for 27) then it gets a 99 weekend.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 4

WW preview to OD multi is one of the highest ever for a SH movie (at least in the last decade) barring CA2. Even higher than Logan

This could be due to 1 of 2 reasons

1) WoM is really, really good even better than Logan. If this is the case it will have very strong Saturday and Sunday and easily cross 100m

OR

2)The NBA finals deflated the previews which corrected itself on Friday i.e. those who wanted to see WW on Thursday but didn't due to the game ended up seeing it on Friday leading to an inflated preview to OD multi. If this is true then it could mean that the WoM is good but not huge which would mean Saturday wont be super strong. This could mean 100 is not easy and a sub 100 finish is likely

We will know for sure when Saturday numbers come

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Isn't WONDR's preview to OD ratio most impressive?

GOTG1  11.2 + 26.65 = 37.85, Aug 2014

WONDR 11.0 + 27.80 = 38.80, Jun 2017

This is despite a 3 years gap between them and front-loading has only increased, and Jun previews being heavier than other months.

GOTG1 fell 18% on both Sat and Sun.

If WONDR falls 15% on Sat (for 33) and 18% on Sun (for 27) then it gets an F8 like 98.8 weekend.

It is impressive for sure but more schools are out in 1st week of august than in first week of june which means more frontloadedness

And WW previews were impacted to some extent by the NBA finals which would inflate the preview to od ratio

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I have a feeling little girls are going to come out in force on Saturday.

Great WOM might give a Saturday bump also.

that is possible

judging from what I saw today, many young ladies & middle age like madams attended WW session

and i don't think too many female give a dam for NBA final like I did (until recently)

• Like 1