Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

3 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I assume WB will announce the WW sequel at Comic Con 2017. It's going to be a busy Comic Con with the DCEU slate, It and possibly Tomb Raider and Ready Player One.

Are they going to announce new projects like The Flash and Shazam? :sparta:

2 hours ago, Heat Vision said:

Next trailer for JL will probably have the CinemaCon Footage. They are definitely announcing Wonder Woman 2.

Next JL trailer will likely have more emphasis on Wonder Woman. Got to milk her good graces any marketing chance they can.

As for a WW sequel, it will be interesting to see how it'll be done. May use the same template as Captain America, going from World War to modern times, if they go that route as a woman stuck in time. Wonder Woman 2: The Winter Warrior! 

Then part 3 can be Civil Wonder! 
(/^o^)/

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I desperately want WW to beat Suicide Squad and BvS DOM, but I know how hard that multi would be to achieve. Though I firmly believe in the potential for WOM to be off the charts. 

No matter how great a movie is, or perceived to be great, a movie always has a limited audience.

Great/out of this world WOM only can get you that far...

We ll see how WW is unusual in that regard.

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

I desperately want WW to beat Suicide Squad and BvS DOM, but I know how hard that multi would be to achieve. Though I firmly believe in the potential for WOM to be off the charts. 

I really think that 3.20x multiplier from a 103m OW (i think it'll go up with actuals) is not as crazy as precedents point. Competition is definitely softer than previous years and WOM seems to be through the roof (we'll know better with Sunday and Monday actuals). I say it passes the 330m DOM of Batman V Superman.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, picores said:

I really think that 3.20x multiplier from a 103m OW (i think it'll go up with actuals) is not as crazy as precedents point. Competition is definitely softer than previous years and WOM seems to be through the roof (we'll know better with Sunday and Monday actuals). I say it passes the 330m DOM of Batman V Superman.

6x multi to get to 660. What's that? Yes, I think actuals will surprise and be at 110.

:apocalypse:

I'm so happy that "Wonder Woman" turned out to be a huge success. Once the critics started giving this film excellent reviews, Warner Brothers just went insane with the marketing leading up to the films release. And it turned out to be a great Superhero film, and easily the best DC film since "The Dark Knight." What a great weekend! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, IronBatman said:

If infinity war truly fails to surpass age of ultron or Jurassic world i will write a full page blog declaring the superhero genre dead

Infinity War isn't making more than JW. It'll sit somewhere between Avengers and Civil War.

• Like 2

Infinity War isn't making more than JW. It'll sit somewhere between Avengers and Civil War.

Even if "Infinity War" makes 1.4 billion dollars worldwide, that's still a good result for Marvel and Disney. I think it might make less domestically than "Age of Ultron", but could improve at the foreign box office. It might even make a billion in the foreign box office alone, and an extra 400 million dollars domestically could put it right at 1.4 billion worldwide. And the fourth film will be coming out a year later to recoup more money for it's budget.

1 hour ago, brian.jensen.507464 said:

I'm so happy that "Wonder Woman" turned out to be a huge success. Once the critics started giving this film excellent reviews, Warner Brothers just went insane with the marketing leading up to the films release. And it turned out to be a great Superhero film, and easily the best DC film since "The Dark Knight." What a great weekend! :)

Im pretty sure the Marketing was intentional.

4 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

Are they going to announce new projects like The Flash and Shazam? :sparta:

MoS sequel NEED to be on high alert. If Waner and DCEU knows whats good and what people want.

5 hours ago, Cochofles said:

You already got it last year and it grossed 873 million dollars globally.

stop it with this BvS crap. Thats not even remotely the same thing. People have been wanting a Supes movie since MoS. They have such an excellent cast and the news about Vaughn have. Now after BvS he will be the real Superman no man doubt him anymore. They ca really play on this. The changed Superman in a sequel

Just now, mredman said:

MoS sequel NEED to be on high alert. If Waner and DCEU knows whats good and what people want.

stop it with this BvS crap. Thats not even remotely the same thing. People have been wanting a Supes movie since MoS. They have such an excellent cast and the news about Vaughn have. Now after BvS he will be the real Superman no man doubt him anymore. They ca really play on this. The changed Superman in a sequel

Has there been any statistics that show people want a Superman sequel?  Last time one of those came out, it had weak legs, especially for a non-sequel.  BvS also had incredibly poor legs.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Has there been any statistics that show people want a Superman sequel?  Last time one of those came out, it had weak legs, especially for a non-sequel.  BvS also had incredibly poor legs.

Are you serious with this crap. YES people want a Superman movie again they have been waiting for one since MoS. 

And we went over this in this thread MMoS did not have poor legs at all. It also was clipped by MU and WWZ double whammy. BvS is also not the Supes we will likely get now after the sacrifice in that movie. The Supes we will get is more ilike Reeves Superman. And that is what all want to see. people still say MoS is the best DCEU movie along with WW. YES people want a Supes movie again. They are even looking at directors for it with that Vaughn news. When that broke twitter went nuts. You are in the MINORITY

Edited by mredman

Just now, mredman said:

Are you serious with this crap. YES people want a Superman movie again they have been waiting for one since MoS. 

And we went over this in this thread MMoS did not have poor legs at all. It also was clipped by MU and WWZ double whammy.

...Once again, there are zero statistics to back up that the GA wants a Superman sequel.   I'm sure it will do fine, but if you asked any member of the general audience what DC movie they wanted, would you honestly expect most of them to say "Man of Steel 2?"

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mredman said:

The things about a Superman Sequel is WB might not do it.

Many are just hard to please so I Suspect we may Have another team up on out hands.

SuperMan/Batman Worlds finest it will be the best thing WB can do.