Plain Old Tele

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

2 minutes ago, mredman said:

Are you serious with this crap. YES people want a Superman movie again they have been waiting for one since MoS. 

And we went over this in this thread MMoS did not have poor legs at all. It also was clipped by MU and WWZ double whammy.

I want one but I don't want it to be Earth Bound.

2 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

The things about a Superman Sequel is WB might not do it.

Many are just hard to please so I Suspect we may Have another team up on out hands.

SuperMan/Batman Worlds finest it will be the best thing WB can do.

well there are plans for one with that Vaughn news in March and their should be. Cavill deserves it. And yes after JL there all people will want another Supes movie because he will be DIFFERENT

Just now, Brainiac5 said:

I want one but I don't want it to be Earth Bound.

what do you mean ?

Are you serious with this crap. YES people want a Superman movie again they have been waiting for one since MoS. 
And we went over this in this thread MMoS did not have poor legs at all. It also was clipped by MU and WWZ double whammy. BvS is also not the Supes we will likely get now after the sacrifice in that movie. The Supes we will get is more ilike Reeves Superman. And that is what all want to see. people still say MoS is the best DCEU movie along with WW. YES people want a Supes movie again. They are even looking at directors for it with that Vaughn news. When that broke twitter went nuts. You are in the MINORITY

Yes, "Man of Steel" did have poor legs. It had the worse domestic drops for a superhero film, next to Ang Lee's The Hulk, and BVS. It did not have good word of mouth, and WB was firing people for predicting that MOS would become WB's highest grossing film at the worldwide box office. Big mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Im pretty sure the Marketing was intentional.

I doubt that, considering that WB was burying "Wonder Woman" in the marketing department a month ago. I think the overwhelmingly positive reviews for "Wonder Woman" gave WB the extra push for them to go all out with it's marketing within the last 3 weeks.

And I also think WB didn't want their marketing campaign to be trounced by the promotion for "Guardians of the Galaxy 2." So they waited for Marvel/Disney to release that film, so they could start pushing hard for "Wonder Woman." And the rave reviews from the critics created a perfect storm for WB's marketing team. Rottentomatoes really benefits Superhero films in many ways.

13 minutes ago, brian.jensen.507464 said:

Yes, "Man of Steel" did have poor legs. It had the worse domestic drops for a superhero film, next to Ang Lee's The Hulk, and BVS. It did not have good word of mouth, and WB was firing people for predicting that MOS would become WB's highest grossing film at the worldwide box office. Big mistake.

Not true even 2 administrators yesterday here said MoS did not have poor legs at all. In its 2nd week it faced the double whammy of WWZ and MU. 2 huge grossers. Any other movie would have dropped facing these 2 so stop the BS. MoS is still one of the best movies in DCEU by a lot of fans. Of course fans want a real Supes movie again. And with the Vaughn news and Black Adam being introduced there. We will get one. That cast in Superman universe is to good to not utilize with Adams as Lois, Fisburne. People have been dying for a REAl Supes sequel.

Not true even 2 administrators yesterday here said MoS did not have poor legs at all. In its 2nd week it faced the double whammy of WWZ and MU. 2 huge grossers. Any other movie would have dropped facing these 2 so stop the BS. MoS is still one of the best movies in DCEU by a lot of fans. Of course fans want a real Supes movie again. And with the Vaughn news and Black Adam being introduced there. We will get one. That cast in Superman universe is to good to not utilize with Adams as Lois, Fisburne. People have been dying for a REAl Supes sequel.

That's not true. "Iron Man 3" dealt with much tougher competition that year, and still made 400+ million dollars domestically and had a worldwide total of 1.2 billion dollars by the end of it's run.

• Like 1

And "Man of Steel" was a polarizing film and had average word of mouth. The reason that WB doesn't feel safe enough to make a Superman film, is because they have a disillusioned fanbase at this point.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brian.jensen.507464 said:

And "Man of Steel" was a polarizing film and had average word of mouth. The reason that WB doesn't feel safe enough to make a Superman film, is because they have a disillusioned fanbase at this point.

More lies from you.

http://collider.com/man-of-steel-2-director-matthew-vaughn/

Warner and the FANS want a Superman movie.

2 minutes ago, Mr Terrific said:

I want a Superman movie. Cavil is fine. 

I don't like what they are doing with the character. He's super morose and his death was cheap to me. 

this is why he will be changed in after BvS now that people of earth trust him. This needed to happen. It was a ORIGIN journey for him to become the Supes we know and love.

14 minutes ago, brian.jensen.507464 said:

That's not true. "Iron Man 3" dealt with much tougher competition that year, and still made 400+ million dollars domestically and had a worldwide total of 1.2 billion dollars by the end of it's run.

so the greats gatsby is tougher competition than the double whammy of Monster University and World War Z in its 2nd weekend:wintf:. Please give me what you are smoking.

Edited by mredman
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, mredman said:

well there are plans for one with that Vaughn news in March and their should be. Cavill deserves it. And yes after JL there all people will want another Supes movie because he will be DIFFERENT

what do you mean ?

If you truly have read Superman comics then this shouldn't be a question.

MOS had a weak multiplier, especially if you include the presales.  But domestic is not where the problem is at...making close to 300 million is fine....but internationally it did piss poor.  And when you make 668 on a budget of 225, then perhaps the film didn't quite do what WB had hoped it would.

32 minutes ago, brian.jensen.507464 said:

I doubt that, considering that WB was burying "Wonder Woman" in the marketing department a month ago. I think the overwhelmingly positive reviews for "Wonder Woman" gave WB the extra push for them to go all out with it's marketing within the last 3 weeks.

And I also think WB didn't want their marketing campaign to be trounced by the promotion for "Guardians of the Galaxy 2." So they waited for Marvel/Disney to release that film, so they could start pushing hard for "Wonder Woman." And the rave reviews from the critics created a perfect storm for WB's marketing team. Rottentomatoes really benefits Superhero films in many ways.

So WB have never Marketed Any of the DCEU films ???

22 minutes ago, brian.jensen.507464 said:

WB shouldn't make another Superman Film because the Fans are gonna be Hard to satisfy.