Plain Old Tele

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

2 minutes ago, zapzapped said:

Marvel/Disney are getting scared by the success of WW.

Unless movies are in direct competition I think you'd be surprised at how little rival studios give a shit. As one exec put it, movies in the same genre doing well means demand is high for our upcoming movie.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zapzapped said:

Marvel/Disney are getting scared by the success of WW. They had marketing for Thor: Ragnarok during game 2 of the NBA Finals last night. The movie is 5 months away. They might be sacrificing Thor 3 and pumping out its marketing campaign early to try to drown out Justice League.

I can't recall ever seeing a movie being marketed in this type of way. Very odd.

Scared?  The MCU has grossed 11 billion dollars since IM came out.  Scared is not something I'd use to describe Disney and Marvel.

• Like 6

Just now, zapzapped said:

Cavill has the chops to be Clark/Superman. Its Snyder's vision of Superman that is flawed. At least from what we know right now. Its possible his intentions were to make Superman in MoS a more rookie superhero only to make him come around in Justice League as the hero that he should be. I doubt it though.

I like the way Snyder has presented the character. so boohoo for anyone who doesn't

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brainiac5 said:

And you will still get a multiplier of 2.5x and 279 dom.

And 2.5 isn't that great of a multiplier.

If you take out the  Thursday number that is all Walmart previews, the multiplier is 2.4.

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

I like the way Snyder has presented the character. so boohoo for anyone who doesn't

That was the reason for the major divide from critics and fans. I loved MoS but i understand why others didn't. Then it became really apparent in BvS that Snyder doesnt understand the character or intentionally doesnt care.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zapzapped said:

Marvel/Disney are getting scared by the success of WW. They had marketing for Thor: Ragnarok during game 2 of the NBA Finals last night. The movie is 5 months away. They might be sacrificing Thor 3 and pumping out its marketing campaign early to try to drown out Justice League.

I can't recall ever seeing a movie being marketed in this type of way. Very odd.

Huh?   That would mean there was anything currently to drown out and there's not.  It's no different than having a Superbowl Spot in Jan/Feb for a movie in the summer except much less expensive.  This will be the largest watched sporting event audience in the U.S. until the World Series (and probably still larger than that and with a probably a younger demographic) which will be just days before Ragnarok opens

5 minutes ago, zapzapped said:

Cause the Mouse House is scared even though support for competition even though it helps them and CBMs in general.

Just now, zapzapped said:

That was the reason for the major divide from critics and fans. I loved MoS but i understand why others didn't. Then it became really apparent in BvS that Snyder doesnt understand the character or intentionally doesnt care.

Superman used to be boring. Now he's not. Excuse me while I give Snyder a round of applause for his ambition and vision. Execution throughout the two films is far from stellar but at least it is interesting

• Like 3

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Superman used to be boring. Now he's not. Excuse me while I give Snyder a round of applause for his ambition and vision. Execution throughout the two films is far from stellar but at least it is interesting

Yes, it's always best to make a movie for the people who don't like a character and find him boring than for those that do like the character. -_-

• Like 2

Bvs and civil war are the pieces of same turd. Both have a spectacular action scene that get's boring after one viewing.

They try to make their third act personal and all, and spectacularly fail at that.

Then they have consequences that will be completely neglible once next films roll out.

Edited by damnitgeorge08

Just now, TalismanRing said:

Yes, it's always best to make a movie for the people who don't like a character and find him boring than for those that do like the character. -_-

*shrug*

sorry if I prefer my heroes to actually have moral dilemmas