Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Considering the drought of family films and even though WW is getting good reviews still looked dark, it was a given. Surprised I was the only one to see this coming.

• Like 1

I'm just shocked 33 is even on the table. I don't think it'll get more than 80 for the weekend with that. This film just seemed like the ultimate breakout to me.

Don't get me wrong 80M is solid enough and since the reviews are so good, should still justify a sequel. But I'm honestly shocked interest in this isn't higher. Particularly with how huge CBM's have been lately.

Still early on the west coast so who knows but I'm not getting my hopes up for anything more than 33 until we get some real #'s.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TLK said:

Deadline update $38.5 Friday/ $95+ OW

So pretty much right where I expected before people started massively overpredicting. Either just under $100 or just over it. I always thought this would have a similar opening to Dr. Strange (just slightly higher).

West Coast could come in stronger though!

2 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

Gitesh's numbers are basically the same as what he posted earlier this afternoon. 

sorry that was my troll post in which the link takes you to valerian trailer.

• Like 2

Just now, nomyth said:

I'm just shocked 33 is even on the table. I don't think it'll get more than 80 for the weekend with that. This film just seemed like the ultimate breakout to me.

Don't get me wrong 80M is solid enough and since the reviews are so good, should still justify a sequel. But I'm honestly shocked interest in this isn't higher. Particularly with how huge CBM's have been lately.

Still early on the west coast so who knows but I'm not getting my hopes up for anything more than 33 until we get some real #'s.

Because like I said this morning, just because the buzz is high on a forum like this or reddit, etc...it doesn't always translate to this massive GA interest. This forum loves it's superhero movies but there's no denying that there's been a lot out recently. The markets really crowded right now and this all started back in March with Logan. It's been like an extended summer with big releases every weekend. Even Guardians opened lower then many predicted.

The next movie that will probably be big will be Spider-Man and that's just because of kids and Iron Man.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

Gitesh's numbers are basically the same as what he posted earlier this afternoon. 

Yes,  and posted them again.  [ never posted them at all.  bah]

He wouldn't post old data as new.  Gitesh has been doing this a long long time.

Edited by TalismanRing

There is no way Gitesh's numbers are right...there are no tickets left at my locals for the rest of the night (each showing has 5 tickets or less left)...and it's 8:37pm...I'm waiting to see if they add on even more showings at 11pm or later to try to get some late night drop ins...

If my area is at all indicative...selling out every showing with 1 screen is a $50M weekend...every showing with 2 screens is $100M...with 2+ screens now (and more on the weekend days), this is $100M+, unless this movie is only turning out the coasts (since Tele says the West is good...and I'm on the East)...

Edited by TwoMisfits