YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

Just now, baumer said:

Next weekend i think is Fathers Day as well. 300 at thi point is all but certain. 350....maybe.

Nah, That's like the "GOTG - Civil War numbers....Maybe". Too much big movies opening week after week. The 50% drop will come one week and it will kill the legs.

The curse is broken.

Sub-50% drop is safe now!!!

"SILLY, WEIRD, NOT REALISTIC, DISAPPOINTMENT"

C'mon!!!!

You were so so wrong to think thay WW will behave like those SH movies (MOS, DC, GOTG2, Logan, etc.)

This film was a surprise since DAY1, and keeps going that way.

That would mean anything will be beyond expectation and some never-before things will happen.

I was talking about sub-50% drop since last Sunday and most people thought it's silly.

Now what?

• Like 2

Depending on its Father's Day weekend hold, Wonder Woman could finish anywhere from $295 million-$345 million DOM. $350 million+ DOM would require something special over Father's Day weekend (25-30% drop) along with a sub-50% drop against TF5.

34 minutes ago, Jack said:

The curse is broken.

Sub-50% drop is safe now!!!

"SILLY, WEIRD, NOT REALISTIC, DISAPPOINTMENT"

C'mon!!!!

You were so so wrong to think thay WW will behave like those SH movies (MOS, DC, GOTG2, Logan, etc.)

This film was a surprise since DAY1, and keeps going that way.

That would mean anything will be beyond expectation and some never-before things will happen.

I was talking about sub-50% drop since last Sunday and most people thought it's silly.

Now what?

Congrats. After 373 bad calls, you got one right. :)

1 hour ago, wildphantom said:

$300 million is happening for WW. 

I just hope it manages to sneak past BvS too. That would be great. 

Yes,Great to see the Dceu was Never dead as its Average would be 330+dom.

20 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

I still think WW won't touch 350m and BvS/SS, but 300m seem pretty certain now. I'll wait until next weekend to declare anything, though.

I agree but it can come extremely close.

4 hours ago, DamienRoc said:

It's almost like the Feast or Famine trend we've seen over the past few years has just intensified. Instead of seeing a relative dead zone between 200m and 300m, though, we're seeing a dead zone between 100m and 300m.

Are we heading to a point where the only blockbusters at all are the uber blockbusters?

Looks very possible. It's becoming very apparent in a big way that audiences won't turn up for everything, movies need to do a lot of marketing work just to not be the "Designated tentpole of the week". Even with great marketing, bad reviews on RT (which also seems to have become either "This movie is awesome" or "this movie is garbage") can kill presales and momentum. Releasing a movie is now a major tightrope act.

• Like 2

Good God, ICAN fell a lot from earlier estimates. I'm glad I predicted 6.5M in Survivor and the Derby. There's a slim chance GOTG could beat it this weekend if WOM crumbles it.

Better for Megan Leavey, but it's still a soft opening given how many theaters it's in.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

lmao that's really fucking stupid unless it's a joke

I mean, I'd rather we don't start chewing out new members like TOG just did. Even if it's a joke, it's not a good way to introduce people.

• Like 2