YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

4 hours ago, stripe said:

I really want Paramount to recover from this awful year

They have the BUMBLEBEE spinoff and MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE VI next year. However, what they lack are mid sized hits. Even their animation arm is almost dead. They need to start believing in the properties that they have. They also need more franchises. They can't rely on TRANSFORMERS and MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE alone. I don't even know if we'll see another STAR TREK movie.

12 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

The moment when Deadline's weekend prediction turns out  the most accurate on the web...

:ohmygod:

And they abandoned it right from the start of the weekend.  Deadline has been so inconsistent, they can't be confident and stick with their prediction even when they are 100% right:)...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

They have the BUMBLEBEE spinoff and MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE VI next year. However, what they lack are mid sized hits. Even their animation arm is almost dead. They need to start believing in the properties that they have. They also need more franchises. They can't rely on TRANSFORMERS and MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE alone. I don't even know if we'll see another STAR TREK movie.

Well, Transformers 5 is probably going to give truck loads of money, so they will be alright.

7 minutes ago, AHepBurn said:

So I've been regarding WW's run as "above average" thus far. Are we officially in "break out" territory now?

It's a breakout to me. Its drop for a superhero movie is almost unheard of. I only predicted a $102M OW.

7 minutes ago, Maitch said:

Well, Transformers 5 is probably going to give truck loads of money, so they will be alright.

They will still be last this year among the big 6. They were 6th in 2014 to 2016, and were 7th in 2012 and 2013. They need to wake up

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

The great summer game fucker upper-er. And Baywatch.

:sadben:

I blame Tele for my club for Baywatch failure since he was the first to join.