YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

18 hours ago, YourMother said:

You did the exact same thing to Empirecity when he gave an opinion that Alien could do $50M OW and was wrong and also do the same thing when people thought $850M WW was possible for GV2. I even thought $100M OW for WW was happening.

In my opinion, he's pretending that still have access to Box Office numbers. I really don't believe on him because few things that he says become real. I think he used to have a account on ComScore Box Office Essentials and it must had expired last year because it's unbelievable the amount of fail predictions/estimative. I think it should have been investigated because he seems to be fooling you, but I believe that this is your guy's fault that turned EC into a God, making he feel uncomfortable to say the truth that he has no access to the numbers anymore, so he won't loose the "privileges".

EC did an Alien prediction for the OW based on previews numbers. With numbers already out. Any person that follows Box Office and noticed the difference between genre, type of movie, month... Would knew that Alien would not have made what he predicted. I answered him telling him that it would not do $50m because I was sure about that and only quoted him after the official numbers came out because he snubbed/ignored me as he was a God, you quoted me trying to humiliate me, thinking that I would be wrong.

I want you to bring that post where I say that GOTG2 would not do $850m WW. I never said this. All that I said is that $550m OS would be a miracle. But I don't see any problem in making wrong predictions, I see problems in lie and fool persons.

• Like 2

I haven't seen Fifty Shades but I know for a fact that there are respected members on here that defend the first one for it's wonderful productions design and actually strong acting despite the weak source material

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, baumer said:

You know, I read this all the time.  Box office never equals quality.  Well, films are subjective.  There's no doubt about that.  But if a film has a terrific multiplier, high audience scores, plenty of critical praise then what more do you need to see that a film is connecting with people?  So maybe you don't like it, but that also does not mean that it's not quality.  Wonder Woman has connected with people, so at this point, like it or not, it is a quality film.

I like the film, but is not great. 

Fortunately great film is other 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I haven't seen Fifty Shades but I know for a fact that there are respected members on here that defend the first one for it's wonderful productions design and actually strong acting despite the weak source material

Dakota Johnson is legit good but she's the only one in the film that is. Dornan is horrible on all levels, he's totally miscast and in all fairness has nothing to work with.

Well I'm starting work now so I will just leave it with this. You guys can dislike the movie all that you want. Doesn't mean the others are going to share your opinion. And so what if mullions of people like something that you don't and vice versa?

• Like 5

Being lesser known means nothing. If Aquaman is well marketed, has great trailers and reviews it absolutely could open with 100mil, even in December. Not saying it's anywhere near a lock but it's not some impossibility.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Aquaman will unfortunately break DCEU's record of consecutive $100m OW's. 

He's lesser known and it's Christmas. 

I'm sure the movie will be good with Wan though. 

If he becomes a breakout fan-favorite character in JL (not unlike what happened with Wonder Woman in BvS), I would not rule out a one hundred million dollar opening for Aquaman

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Being lesser known means nothing. If the film is well marketed, has great trailers and reviews it absolutely could open to 100mil, even in December.

I used to think AUJ will be the first Dec film to open to 100. But WB had other plans...

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWPU_E-3YeuPBzFXNnqbY

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 3

I know that when people discuss comic book movies, the whole "but character X is hardly known! A movie will not work!" argument always comes up, but seriously...what about the tons of characters that nobody knows and star in successful films in all kinds of genres? A pre-existing fanbase is not required for a character to connect with film audiences.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Arent there things that you enjoy but you admit that they have nothing in common with the word quality?

I really enjoy watching Survivor on TV but I would be ridiculous trying to prove that it is a quality form of art.

And what's your definition of quality, dude? Transformers' movies are nothing more than a dumb summer entertainment, and the movie clearly delivers on what is it's purpose: A breathless action spectacle, isn't this a form of quality? Even if it is only in one of the aspects of a movie? There's movies that has a quality plot, there's movies that has quality visual technics, and there's movies that can bring both, Transformers fits in at least one of these aspects. 

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael
  • Like 3

Just now, a2knet said:

I thought AUJ will be the first Dec film to open to 100. But WB had other plans...

Reveal hidden contents

Still it did over 300mil so it's not like it was a failure.

Comic book movies tend to be more frontloaded, more rush out and see em now, so that's why I am even entertaining a 100mil opening weekend in December. That and I Am Legend's 77mil weekend would probably adjust to 100mil in 2017.

• Like 2

The first Transformers is a bad movie to me but it's watchable and the only well done movie in the franchise. It's the only one with a at least semi coherent plot and something resembling characters.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

The first Transformers is a bad movie to me but it's watchable and the only well done movie in the franchise.

And I think it's one of the finest pieces of cinema ever created. Opinions are fun

• Like 2