YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

I'm just looking at boxofficemojo, and WW is actually trailing around Mockingjay part 2 numbers.

At this point ( 8 days of release ), Mockingjay was at 167 million domestic, while WW is at 163 million. Mockingjay also had a 49% drop for its second weekend. That movie finished its domestic run with 281 million. It had fine drops, except for the third weekend ( when it dropped 63% ).

So, let's calm down and not imagine WW can get 400 million domestic or even 350 million domestic, folks. If it happens, that's great. If it doesn't happen, don't get disappointed. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Last Man Standing said:

She's a superhero who actually feels heroic, we haven't had that in a while. She enjoys saving people, fighting for what's right and all that jazz. People miss that sort of thing.

And with all those qualities and a light touch on the gore and an even touch with the male characters, families can turn out for this in droves...

GOTG 2 got some families...WW will get all the families...

It only needs to be good to explode...WW is better than good (although not quite great) and that seems to be that "perfect quality needed" to be a stupid huge blockbuster - see Pets, JW, Dory, etc...

1 hour ago, Last Man Standing said:

She's a superhero who actually feels heroic, we haven't had that in a while. She enjoys saving people, fighting for what's right and all that jazz. People miss that sort of thing.

You mean the thing Marvel characters of the MCU have been doing since 2008 ?

Yeah, I missed that a lot since Dr Strange/GOTG Vol.2.

Time flies for sure.

:shades::rock::ca:

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I'm just looking at boxofficemojo, and WW is actually trailing around Mockingjay part 2 numbers.

At this point ( 8 days of release ), Mockingjay was at 167 million domestic, while WW is at 163 million. Mockingjay also had a 49% drop for its second weekend. That movie finished its domestic run with 281 million. It had fine drops, except for the third weekend ( when it dropped 63% ).

So, let's calm down and not imagine WW can get 400 million domestic or even 350 million domestic, folks. If it happens, that's great. If it doesn't happen, don't get disappointed. 

That was near Thanksgiving though and had inflated weekdays

5 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Yeh to be honest, no one can reasonably be disappointed in this movies performance anyway, even at this point. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Mockingjay Part 2's had Thanksgiving to somewhat soften the drops, 

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Mockingjay Part 2's had Thanksgiving to somewhat soften the drops, 

Plus it's weekday numbers were inflated because of thanksgiving, WW is going to fly past MJ2 with those numbers, it will probably pass MJ1 too. 

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 1

Mockingjay Part 2 is a bad comparison. Two totally different times of year  and one opened was 20 million more. But bad box office comparisons are par for the course for Box Office Mojo now.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Mockingjay Part 2 is a bad comparison. Two totally different times of year  and one opened was 20 million more. But bad box office comparisons are par for the course for Box Office Mojo now.

MJ2 and WW opened with pretty much the same.

• Like 3

I don't know why you guys don't just put that certain user on the ignore list. It's done wonders, to be honest. And I've never ever had to do that but I had to get rid of all the incoherent ramblings I was reading in all of these posts. 

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

You mean the thing Marvel characters of the MCU have been doing since 2008 ?

Yeah, I missed that a lot since Dr Strange.

Time flies for sure.

:shades::rock::ca:

Are you really going to start the whole DC v Marvel thing here? Not what I expected from you, to be honest.

We do have a @Water Bottle/@God Emperor Tele-sanctioned/approved Battle of the CBM Universes thread for that... :(

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 1

Just now, Cochofles said:

So are you really going to start the whole DC v Marvel thing? Now what I expected from you, to be honest.

We do have a Battle of the CBM Universe thread for that...

:wintf:

Youve been gone far too long my friend, if that's not what you expected.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

Edit: He said 23-24m 7 hours ago. DHD said 23.8m 7 hours ago...

The staff has corroborated enough info (both publicly and privately) to feel EC is completely legitimate. You can believe whatever you want, but if you continue to go after him passive-aggressively, we're going to have to start treating it as attacking another member. Please move on from this matter. 

• Like 11

WONDER WOMAN OFF JUST 45% WITH $57.2M, WONDEEEEEER!!, THE MUMMY MUMMIFIED WITH $32M!!

Edited by Finnick
  • Like 17

1 minute ago, God Emperor Tele said:

The staff has corroborated enough info (both publicly and privately) to feel EC is completely legitimate. You can believe whatever you want, but if you continue to go after him passive-aggressively, we're going to have to start treating it as attacking another member. Please move on from this matter. 

giphy.gif

• Like 5