YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Transformers is a movie that knows having likable characters is the most important thing. Action comes second in that movie

After the horrendous 2nd trailer I'm going to skip a Transformers movie for the very first time.

I can't stand that Nickelodeon girl!

7 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Transformers is a movie that knows having likable characters is the most important thing. Action comes second in that movie

Okay I lied, this is my last statement before work LOL. I know most people laugh when you and I say stuff like this, Ethan Hunt. But I agree with you 100%. Not so much in the fourth one but in the first three movies the characters in those movies we're definitely reasons why people kept coming back. Shia and Meagan were the backbone of those films and when they left I feel that the series started to decline. However I do think the third one was absolutely mind-blowing the fantastic.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Arent there things that you enjoy but you admit that they have nothing in common with the word quality?

I really enjoy watching Survivor on TV but I would be ridiculous trying to prove that it is a quality form of art.

But Survivor is great :thinking: 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

That figures. After all, they hired Bay to direct the movie not because he's an action director.:jeb!:

Just now, Napoleon said:

How does it work?

Spaghetti will probably make a sign up sheet if he does that next year. Then he makes a story with you as a character, you start off in a team too. Then you eventually have to vote someoff via messaging him. Here's an example of the story so far.

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24114-survivor-episode-13-i-want-my-mummy/

• Like 1

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

But don't not buy a recycling pad and vote out Yourmother when you know you're going home if @elcaballero wins the immunity. That is/was dumb

I honestly was going to vote for you since I had a gut feeling you'd betray me, but I chose wrong.

• Like 1

Just now, YourMother said:

I honestly was going to vote for you since I had a gut feeling you'd betray me, but I chose wrong.

But I didn't. I literally could've guaranteed safety for myself and had you been the one to go in the case of el winning but nah I decided to vote for el and just count on him not winning immunity (stupid stupid stupid)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Spaghetti will probably make a sign up sheet if he does that next year. Then he makes a story with you as a character, you start off in a team too. Then you eventually have to vote someoff via messaging him. Here's an example of the story so far.

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24114-survivor-episode-13-i-want-my-mummy/

I thought it was something related to box office bets, didn't know it was actually a version of Survivor the tv competition :thinking: I'll join the next one if I'm allowed.

• Like 1

Just now, Napoleon said:

I thought it was something related to box office bets, didn't know it was actually a version of Survivor the tv competition :thinking: I'll join the next one if I'm allowed.

It's fun to see how the story unravels. They made chasmmi into a villain, me into a lovesick schoolgirl for DAJK, and tons of wacky stuff.

• Like 4

A reasonably optimistic prediction based on WW's excellent 2nd weekend hold ($55-58 million):

$36.5 million ($273 million)

$19 million ($308 million)

$11.5 million ($330 million)

$5 million ($341 million)

$2.5 million ($346 million)

$1 million ($349 million)

$355 million DOM

Of course, it could hold slightly better its 3rd and 4th weekends ($38 million/$278 million, $21 million/$317 million), in which case $375 million DOM would be a distinct possibility.

Edited by mahnamahna
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

I would put it on the level of Black Panther coming out next year and outgrossing Civil War in the U.S.

I'd be sooooooooooooooo happy if that happened.

• Like 1

I have a gut feeling that not only will Black Panther breakout but Animated Spider-Man too. New Mutants and Aquaman will also breakout nicely.

• Like 1