YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Indeed. The Mummy is certainly doing well enough. I'm pretty skeptical on the outlook of how the next few films will fare

Bride's date is much better then Mummy's.

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The original series or revival? :jeb!: 

I have yet to start the revival. I need to see Fire Walk With Me first.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mulder said:

They'll continue Dark Universe.

lol No.  Its not only doing badly, people are outright rejecting it. you don't start a universe with a flop movie panned by audiences

17 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

A hot babe in a PG outfit lost the capacity to keep my attention in a shitty movie a long time ago. :lol: 

LOL Father TIME is really on your side :rofl:

• Like 1

Just now, Mulder said:

Bride's date is much better then Mummy's.

sure. but also The Mummy is actually an established box office force. Maybe once marketing is in gear I will believe in it but on paper it doesn't look good to me

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

I have yet to start the revival. I need to see Fire Walk With Me first.

Check out The Missing Pieces after FWWM too. At least one or two scenes there that have already made some moments in the revival more impactful. 

1 minute ago, Rman823 said:

Don't forget The Missing Pieces there's a couple of things in it referenced in the revival. 

Jesus, do I also need to watch Mulholland Drive? Guess I need to get The Missing Pieces? Is it that important?

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

:jeb!: :jeb!: :jeb!: :jeb!: :jeb!: 

I'm only 6 episodes in.

I have already watched the original series.

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

lol No.  Its not only doing badly, people are outright rejecting it. you don't start a universe with a flop movie panned by audiences

If Mummy flops, Universal will keep the plans for another movie with a different monster. 

There's a difference between making A Mummy 2 and another movie with another creature. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

It's almost like you didn't have an agenda against this movie from the start. 

thinking-face.png

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

sure. but also The Mummy is actually an established box office force. Maybe once marketing is in gear I will believe in it but on paper it doesn't look good to me

I don't really think so. The third one bombed hard.

• Like 1

Jesus, do I also need to watch Mulholland Drive? Guess I need to get The Missing Pieces? Is it that important?

It's considered canon but if you want you could still go into the revival without seeing it. However a couple small references will be missed. 

Well you do need to watch Mulholland Drive but because it's an incredible movie not because it has anything to do Twin Peaks. :lol: The Missing Pieces isn't essential I suppose but it's useful. Especially if you end up digging FWWM. Lynch was nuts to cut some of those scenes out of the movie. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

Kevin Hart and Dwayne Johnson Meet the Wolfman. 

Wasn't Johnson rumored to be the Wolfman.  That would be meta.

BTW some of those Abbott and Costello meet the.....films are pretty funny.

• Like 1