WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

6 minutes ago, kswiston said:

Mon to Fri was about 39M this past week. If we figure 275-276M after this weekend, Wonder Woman would have to fall around 55% to miss that. Super locked, even if this weekend is more like $38M.

It will pass 291 early in the afternoon on Friday, if it comes up a million so short by Thursday night. ;)

Edited by AdamKendall

1 hour ago, FlashMaster659 said:

How far ahead of Cars is it on Pulse?

Both versions of Cars appear to be slightly ahead but WW is gaining. On MT, Cars has 30.7% and WW at 26.2%. WW will definitely be ahead tomorrow.

At this point, I'm expecting WW to come out ahead on Father's Day.

• Like 2

I don't sit around worrying about strangers smoking because I have things in my life to worry about that I actually can do something about. I have bad habits of my own I'm not going to be jumping on my high horse. People need to stop projecting Perfection onto celebrities, it's pathetic and will always lead to disappointment.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

It's pretty amazing how in my lifetime California has gone from smoking as standard everywhere to being truly unusual (except for film sets). :lol: 

You'd think such high paid, pampered individuals would learn over time or at least switch to weed. Still a big portion, way more than the state avg smoke cigarettes.

19 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I don't sit around worrying about strangers smoking because I have things in my life to worry about that I actually can do something about. I have bad habits of my own I'm not going to be jumping on my high horse. People need to stop projecting Perfection onto celebrities, it's pathetic and will always lead to disappointment.

Woah easy there and it's a bit different when you are a public figure I'm sorry. 

2 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

You'd think such high paid, pampered individuals would learn over time or at least switch to weed. Still a big portion, way more than the state avg smoke cigarettes.

Eh, a ton of general crew smoke too (either occasional smokers or full-timers). Obviously it's a little addictive and helps people deal with high stress and long hours. It's a terrible habit for sure but people often don't take long term effects into consideration (for many things, no just smoking).

I think it's nasty and because it's so infrequent in normal settings I'm probably even more aware of it when I'm around someone who's smoking. That smell really sticks to everything, doesn't it?

• Like 6

Just now, Telemachos said:

Eh, a ton of general crew smoke too (either occasional smokers or full-timers). Obviously it's a little addictive and helps people deal with high stress and long hours. It's a terrible habit for sure but people often don't take long term effects into consideration (for many things, no just smoking).

I think it's nasty and because it's so infrequent in normal settings I'm probably even more aware of it when I'm around someone who's smoking. That smell really sticks to everything, doesn't it?

Was in mid Wilshire last week, the smell of weed was everywhere. Most of LA seems to be transitioning to weed for sure.

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Was in mid Wilshire last week, the smell of weed was everywhere. Most of LA seems to be transitioning to weed for sure.

I think casually this is true (that and vaping). Not sure if it's commonplace on sets yet, since those are technically work environments. 

In terms of personal habits, I don't think someone should quit just because they become famous. (Personally I think they should quit because it's way healthier for them, but it's up to them).

• Like 3

Just now, Telemachos said:

I think casually this is true (that and vaping). Not sure if it's commonplace on sets yet, since those are technically work environments. 

In terms of personal habits, I don't think someone should quit just because they become famous. (Personally I think they should quit because it's way healthier for them, but it's up to them).

Better for your image to not be a smoker though (or get caught publicly doing it, especially compared to drinking, weed etc). Not sure that's too debatable. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Spoken like a true vegetarian.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Better for your image to not be a smoker though (or get caught publicly doing it, especially compared to drinking, weed etc). Not sure that's too debatable. 

I'm not sure "getting caught publicly" means a whole lot unless you've taken on a very high-profile anti-smoking stance. IMO, this is particularly true for foreign stars, since smoking is a lot more prevalent internationally than here. 

I didn't know Gadot smoked but I'm not that surprised, tbh. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, The Futurist said:

There is a feast or famine dynamic that is contaminating the US box office that must be quite scary to Hollywood executives.

Rotten Tomatoes is now a taste tyranny that has no counter power.

250+- Critics that don't pay for their movie are rulling movie taste right now.

What a progress for (US) human kind.

Pledge your Allegiance to the Mighty Tomato of have bad taste in movies forever.

I still think RT is a good thing. If only 20 people out of 200 like a movie, then the odds are small that the majority's taste would differ so drastically. Movies are a lot more of a luxury with modern pricing than they ever were prior to this decade. People want some kind of indicator to go off of if a movie is worth shelling out for a $50 date night or $100 family movie night, and if you're going opening weekend it can be hard to find friends who have seen it and get their WOM. The critics having pre-determined agendas or being paid off are the only issues, but I don't think it's as prevalent on the whole as some want to make it, especially that latter one. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

It's pretty amazing how in my lifetime California has gone from smoking as standard everywhere to being truly unusual (except for film sets). :lol: 

An addiction always replaces another.

• Like 1