WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

It could have a great Sunday hold but at this point we don't know.  And even if it were to drop less than 30% this weekend, 380 is still tough.

I loved the movie, @druv10 and I hope it hits 400 but 380 is still not going to be easy.

True, I loved it as well and I think it'll continue to have great legs. It's been a great year for SH movies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

Now that is a bold prediction with the state of comedies today...

The first was very successful and while I expect a drop, it should do okay. I think Coco will beat it and The Star,

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I can't see Daddy's Home 2 increasing from the first. That said yeah I can see it beating Coco

That's because your prediction for CoCo is absurdly low.

I could see Daddy's Home 2 making half of what the first movie did. Often these comedy sequels are a bad idea.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

it's low. I don't agree with absurdly obviously. Just see it being The Good Dino 2.0

It has nothing in common with that film so I don't see why you bring it up. The Good Dinosaur always looked like a dull and confusing movie. Coco does not.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

3 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I always believe, even with word of mouth, hits it's never good to have your expectations sky high on where the film will end. 

Well, this might sound like I'm speaking out of both sides of my mouth because of my discussion with @druv10 but at this point WW's WOM is out of this world.  It's having daily and weekend holds not really seen before for a comic book movie.  I believe MikeQ actually did a comparison for the best multipliers for a comic book movie that opened over 50 million.  I don't have the numbers or films in front of me but I think Spider-man has the best multiplier with 3.5.  For WW to hit that would be pretty crazy.  It would need about 360 million to get there.  We know it's going to come close and for that to happen in this era of the box office is pretty ridiculous.  The only other film in the last ten years (I'll have to double check this...not 100% sure yet) top open to more than 100 mill and have a multiplier over 3.5 is The Force Awakens.  Now I'm not putting WW in the same conversation but WW is definitely doing something special at this point.  

• Like 7

I think Daddy's Home 2 will do pretty well. I never watched the first but goofball Lithgow cracked me up. If they can deliver a decent movie I can see it matching the first. Market is a bit starved for a decent comedy anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

I think Daddy's Home 2 will do pretty well. I never watched the first but goofball Lithgow cracked me up. If they can deliver a decent movie I can see it matching the first. Market is a bit starved for a decent comedy anyway.

yeah trailer made me laugh so might actually watch this one. Mel Gibson playing Mel Gibson is gold

16 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I can't see Daddy's Home 2 increasing from the first. That said yeah I can see it beating Coco

While I'm not going as low for Coco as Ethan, I know that during November, Disney will probably forgot it for marketing. Disney has two bigger events during the holiday they want to show more. (Rangarok and Jedi). If The Star has good marketing and good reviews, it has a decent chance of outgrossing Coco, but unless Coco is TGD all over again, DH2 won't outgross it.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

Friday openers over $100m (adj) with 3x legs since 2000:

Wonder Woman (Summer)
Rogue One (Holiday)
Finding Dory (S)
The Secret Life of Pets (S)
The Jungle Book
The Force Awakens (H)
Jurassic World (S)

Guardians of the Galaxy (S)
The Avengers
Toy Story 3 (S)
The Dark Knight (S)
Iron Man
Pirates of the Caribbean 2 (S)

The Incredibles

Finding Nemo (S)
Spider-Man

Harry Potter 1 (H)

Rush Hour 2 (S)

Edited by cory
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, aabattery said:

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

yeah trailer made me laugh so might actually watch this one. Mel Gibson playing Mel Gibson is gold

Daddy's Home 2 looks hilarious. Hoping for more 22 Jump Street than Ted 2 in terms of quality and box office.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

While I'm not going as low for Coco as Ethan, I know that during November, Disney will probably forgot it for marketing. Disney has two bigger events during the holiday they want to show more. (Rangarok and Jedi). If The Star has good marketing and good reviews, it has a decent chance of outgrossing Coco, but unless Coco is TGD all over again, DH2 won't outgross it.

I really don't think Disney is in the business of forgetting to market their Pixar movies.

• Like 3