CaptainJackSparrow

Jurassic World II OS Thread

3 hours ago, scabab said:

$1.197 billion now. With actuals likely to increase then it's going to pass $1.2 billion by Monday.

$1.25 billion has gotta be a shoe in. It's probably got another $20 million left in it domestically.

after a 11m weekend, closer to 30 left dom. at least 25.

is less than half-way done in japan. currently around 35 and should add 35-40 more for 70-75 total (in usd).

that itself takes it past 1260 ww. then whatever os-Japan adds could push it past 1275.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, scabab said:

They've updated the overseas figures as of Tuesday, so now it's at $1.202 billion.

It should pass $1.25 billion shouldn't it?

imo at least,

25 more dom (after sunday) + 30 more japan + 15 more os-japan = 70 more for 1272 ww

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

^^^I think so. I believe FK domestically will crawl its way to 415 million. That’s 30 mil right there. The other countries can sure and make up for the other 20 mil.

Yep, $1.25 billion is locked. JW:FK has got at least another $40 million in Japan, possibly even close to $50 million depending on how it holds during Obon Festival. It definitely has a decent chance of passing Frozen WW.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, a2k said:

1300 does look a bit far. atm thinking 

802 os-j + 411 dom + 67 j = 1280 ww

785 os-j + 384 dom + 31 j = 1202 ww (on sunday)

That would be about a 23.5% WW drop from the first JW (TLJ dropped 35.5% WW from TFA). Pretty good considering the phenomenal nature of JW.

• Like 2

On 7/25/2018 at 7:32 PM, KP1025 said:

That would be about a 23.5% WW drop from the first JW (TLJ dropped 35.5% WW from TFA). Pretty good considering the phenomenal nature of JW.

Yep, nobody's gonna convince me that TLJ didn't drop harder than expected. other franchises have better holds coming off insanely big previous movie - AoU, Fate of the Furious, now FK.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Yep, nobody's gonna convince me that TLJ didn't drop harder than expected. other franchises have better holds coming off insanely big previous movie - AoU, Fate of the Furious, now FK.

Im fairly certain JW3 will make more worldwide Than Episode 9

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Im fairly certain JW3 will make more worldwide Than Episode 9

Well depends. I believe J.J can unite the Star Wars fandom again. Don't underestimate him. Even though TFA was far from perfect at least he approached some stuff in a better way than Rian Johnson.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

Well depends. I believe J.J can unite the Star Wars fandom again. Don't underestimate him. Even though TFA was far from perfect at least he approached some stuff in a better way than Rian Johnson.

Asian and Latin American audiences will continue to reject the series more and more. And I can’t see how JJ can deliver something epic or even satisfying with the mess he was given 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Asian and Latin American audiences will continue to reject the series more and more. And I can’t see how JJ can deliver something epic or even satisfying with the mess he was given 

Yep, and considering stronger competition in Dec 2019, doubtful that IX domestic take will close the gap created by Asian and LA rejection. OTOH, JW3 has guaranteed love in those markets. 

Moreover, TLJ had a great retention from TFA but poor legs dom. FK had blah opening but legged it out and it'll end up with about the same multi as TLJ which is high for summer but low for holidays. So it seems that JW audience is easier to please or they are more loyal.

My club is TA4 OS >>> IX WW. 

• Astonished 1