grim22

June 23-25 Weekend Thread | TF5 45M, Cars 3 24.0, Wonder Woman 24.9 (10th highest 4th weekend of all time and biggest 4th weekend of 2017)

9 minutes ago, Blankments said:

do you want to discuss the brilliance of LEGO Movie (2014) with me, because I'm always down to discuss that

Amen!!  I loved that movie...and I had to watch it twice b/c I had to walk out an overexcited one for 20 minutes of the movie the 1st time, including the ending!:)  Good thing there is video!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I'd probably stop short of calling it more impressive than TFA's multi, because I mean c'mon...that opened to 250m. Yes I know it was December not summer, and not as frontloaded of a genre as a CBM, but still...250m and a 3.8 multi. I'd easily rank it the second most impressive multi of the decade though. 

Never said it was more impressive, just that it had a better multiplier than the most hyped up holiday movie, which is insane

I mean, look at my avatar :rofl:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Ethan's had some truly terrible takes last few days (even by his standards) so I'm not sure I really trust his opinion on movies.

Are you just now realizing that?

To be fair, at least he's gotten out of the phase where his top 5 all time were like Transformers, Rise of the Planet of the Apes (all while disturbingly calling Caesar his baby monkey), and High School Musical or something like that.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Super Robertman2 Odyssey said:

any one who think Alien Covenant was good has shit taste in cinema

"Good" would be a strong word for it but I enjoyed it.  Most of the GA hated it.  71% of critics thought it was at least okay. Weird stats for that one 

• Like 1

on one hand, next week we've got a new Edgar Wright movie that just might break out

on the other, we've got an illumination film guaranteed to break out

might be an insane thread next week

2 minutes ago, Super Robertman2 Odyssey said:

any one who think Alien Covenant was good has shit taste in cinema

Alien: Covenant

71%
Average Rating: 6.4/10
Reviews Counted: 288
Fresh: 204
Rotten: 84

Critics Consensus: Alien: Covenant delivers another satisfying round of close-quarters deep-space terror, even if it doesn't take the saga in any new directions.

AUDIENCE SCORE 

Average Rating: 3.4/5
User Ratings: 55,439

• Like 2

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

71%

Critics Consensus: Alien: Covenant delivers another satisfying round of close-quarters deep-space terror, even if it doesn't take the saga in any new directions.

AUDIENCE SCORE 

Oh wow, the audience score dropped down to a 60%? Wow.

• Like 2

Just now, Blankments said:

on one hand, next week we've got a new Edgar Wright movie that just might break out

It's going to be hell for us. There will definitely be "Illumination is good because the kids like it!!" arguments. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

71%

AUDIENCE SCORE 

Only 60% of the audience liked it? Oof. Looks like I was right

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Amen!!  I loved that movie...and I had to watch it twice b/c I had to walk out an overexcited one for 20 minutes of the movie the 1st time, including the ending!:)  Good thing there is video!

The Lego Movie is my favorite animated film for personal reasons. Me and my dad before the divorce and far move away (My mom and I moved to Wisconsin) bonded a lot over Lego and it has a special place in my heart. When I visited him in New York when I was 8-12 (he moved back to Barbados in 2015), I'd bring my new Legos and he'd held on to my older Legos I had as a kid. Not to mention it's a fantastic movie. I want the Lego Cinematic Universe to continue for quality and memories, which is why after August I'm doing an epic stan for Ninjago.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Are you just now realizing that?

To be fair, at least he's gotten out of the phase where his top 5 all time were like Transformers, Rise of the Planet of the Apes (all while disturbingly calling Caesar his baby monkey), and High School Musical or something like that.

don't we have at least 3 films in common in our top ten all time? :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blankments said:

BABY DRIVER ain't breaking out. 

DM3 goan be huge. Just smile and take it. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

don't we have at least 3 films in common in our top ten all time? :lol:

I was talking about when you were relatively new here.  I was complimenting that you've made progress (despite still saying stupid shit quite a bit).

• Like 1

Just now, Telemachos said:

BABY DRIVER ain't breaking out. 

DM3 goan be huge. Just smile and take it. 

You taking Tele Jr to this (and Spider-Man, Apes, and Emoji)?

• Like 1