grim22

June 23-25 Weekend Thread | TF5 45M, Cars 3 24.0, Wonder Woman 24.9 (10th highest 4th weekend of all time and biggest 4th weekend of 2017)

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

2017 has not been my year with women. Maybe that changes with Atomic Blonde and I get a gf shortly afterwards? Or maybe that's a letdown too and I stay single? :sadben: 

Seesh, man. I didn't have a girlfriend till college. Your adult life hasn't even begun yet. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

2017 has not been my year with women. Maybe that changes with Atomic Blonde and I get a gf shortly afterwards? Or maybe that's a letdown too and I stay single? :sadben: 

And it all started with a number. Seriously just believe in yourself and have confidence and explore Florida and you'll be slaying chicks.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Just walk up to them all like

793ea1282ee741c3c1a87276e5389c58.gif

-- guaranteed to work :ph34r:

Edited by Daxtreme
  • Like 2

When I was 17 I made an ass of myself on the IMDB True Blood boards trying to convince everyone that Anna Paquin was a good actress -- and I let the "me vs. them" mentality drag me to a dark place. I'm better now, but there are always going to be things people love you don't get, and sometimes you just have to tune that out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Seesh, man. I didn't have a girlfriend till college. Your adult life hasn't even begun yet. 

They had college in the Stone Age?

• Like 4

Honestly I do not think that Atomic Blonde is going to be a good movie. I think I'm one of the few that is just completely skeptical about that film. And I like both John Wick movies but I just don't get great vibes from that. I get it's going to be merely okay vibes.

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Btw, just noticed that Cars 3 RT consensus. What the hell? That sounds like it's for an 88%/7.7 average rating film or something. 

The power of Disney checks.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Honestly I do not think that Atomic Blonde is going to be a good movie. I think I'm one of the few that is just completely skeptical about that film. And I like both John Wick movies but I just don't get great vibes from that. I get it's going to be merely okay vibes.

It's at 76% on RT.

16 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's going to be hell for us. There will definitely be "Illumination is good because the kids like it!!" arguments. 

weesa all a gonna die

16 minutes ago, YourMother said:

The Lego Movie is my favorite animated film for personal reasons. Me and my dad before the divorce and far move away (My mom and I moved to Wisconsin) bonded a lot over Lego and it has a special place in my heart. When I visited him in New York when I was 8-12 (he moved back to Barbados in 2015), I'd bring my new Legos and he'd held on to my older Legos I had as a kid. Not to mention it's a fantastic movie. I want the Lego Cinematic Universe to continue for quality and memories, which is why after August I'm doing an epic stan for Ninjago.

honestly, people around here for a while know exactly why LEGO was such a big movie for me. It came out the weekend after my dog died, and around that time, I failed at what I considered at that time to be the most important thing in my life, and in a humiliating way too after a girl really betrayed my trust and made me feel like I was a piece of shit for existing. LEGO was legit the only thing that took me out of my really bad depression that I had that year from February to May, and it's still an incredibly special movie that, when I watch it, it legitimately can cheer me up from any tragedy or disappointment in my life. Rewatched it earlier tonight, and can confirm it still works.

13 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

BABY DRIVER ain't breaking out. 

DM3 goan be huge. Just smile and take it. 

Tele my idea of a break out for BABY DRIVER is legit a total of 50M DOM, which I don't find out of the realm of possibility, but I'm also not betting on

and DM3 will be big and honestly will probably be better than Cars 3 so thats' okay. I'm more worried about the July 7 release being big tbh

• Like 1

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Btw, just noticed that Cars 3 RT consensus. What the hell? That sounds like it's for an 88%/7.7 average rating film or something. 

I know that consensus is way too nice for the kind of reviews that movie got.

51 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Can we please get another successful hit at the box office? Even them, I'm still sure everyone would be cumming over WW:

Next week: Wow, look at Wonder Woman's 37% drop! Such an amazing run. So fucking good. Yes. DM3 also opened to 100M and Baby Driver to 30M.

July 7: Incredible, Wonder Woman dropped 55% against a 120M opener! Truly a great hold with such weak competition in the marketplace.

July 14: Holy shit, Wonder Woman dropped 65% with the combined wide releases over 80M! I love Gal Gadot!

July 21: INSANITY! Wonder Woman has dropped 10%! There totally wasn't a fudge here with another WB movie! A true testament to a great film by Patty Jenkins.

July 28: Wonder Woman continues proving she's the only female action character with a 25% drop. Just STUNNING!

salty GIF

• Like 5