grim22

June 23-25 Weekend Thread | TF5 45M, Cars 3 24.0, Wonder Woman 24.9 (10th highest 4th weekend of all time and biggest 4th weekend of 2017)

Just now, The Panda said:

Too easy!

Eh, WW is having great drops ofc, but 5th weekend will be what, 15m? That's below the average of Wright's filmography:http://www.boxofficemojo.com/people/chart/?id=edgarwright.htm

Then again, I haven't really followed BD, so idk if it's even more outside the mainstream than a typical Wright film.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, grey ghost said:

You guys do realize that if you told people during the 1960's, Batman and Planet of the Apes would be grim tragedies that nerds felt should earn Oscars you would've been sent to a mental ward and lobotomized, right?

Well, IMO, POTA (68) was the best film of that year.

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

Is this the dating thread or the Friday numbers thread?

Well getting #s on a Friday night usually leads to dates so think of this thread as both.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

Well, IMO, POTA (68) was the best film of that year.

It's ironic how 2 of the most iconic/classic sci-fi movies of all time came out that year and neither were even nominated for best picture. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

The key is to buy online beforehand. 

Yep. You can even just buy your ticket on your phone. Heck, I even order my concessions ahead of time too and my order is prepared and ready to go when I get there. Movie ticket app + reserved seating = very pleasurable moving going experiences for me.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 4

With that Friday number, 30 million is an outside possibility for WW.  That's about a 90% increase from Thursday.  Because the weekday numbers were depressed a little, I think it can do a 50% increase on Saturday

That gives it 28 million.  I think that is very realistic.

And @Arlborn, if you were using Dark of the Moon as your film to compare TLK to, that one opened on the July 4th holiday weekend and the Saturday was July 2nd...so it's not the same pattern as this weekend which should see typical increases.  Saturday should see a minimum bump of 20%, if not more.  

• Like 3