grim22

June 23-25 Weekend Thread | TF5 45M, Cars 3 24.0, Wonder Woman 24.9 (10th highest 4th weekend of all time and biggest 4th weekend of 2017)

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I do think Disney will do another Pirates but it'll likely be the last one 

Probably, though it'll make much less likely, unless Disney can somehow breathe "new life" into the franchise.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, grey ghost said:

So you wanted a re-tread of the first Alien movie.

Covenant actually has the balls to explore new territory and expand the mythos while having a riveting villain and incredibly dark narrative.

It doesn't sound like you went into the movie with an open mind. You had you're own strict vision of what a new Ridley Scott Alien movie should be that you couldn't appreciate what was given to you.

I think Alien Covenant will become more appreciated over time similar to Predator 2 and Batman Returns. Both were despised for toying with people's expectations when they first came out but are now highly regarded within the franchise.

Where did you get the idea I wanted another retread? I didn't say anything like that.

A competent script writer could have both explored new territory without trashing what had been built before. It's not balls, it's hubris. I went in open to an experience worthy of the RS name--he did not deliver.

A:C won't be remembered well nearly as well as the first two, and not even as well as Prometheus.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Or do the opposite of all this:)...my spouse was married before 25 (and I was married at 21 - engaged at 19 - laugh now - I am the youngest mom of a teen of all my friends by far:)...I planned to get married at 30, after college and grad school and my military commitment, but he fell in my lap...and when you meet the best guy alive, and he wants to marry you the 1st week he met you...you string him along for 12 months to see if he says that b/c he believes it or was making a play for more nooky every week (which he got repeatedly shot down for - he thanks me to this day:)...and then you agree it's a good idea and take the plunge!

The right person is honest, fun, cares more about you than himself/herself, has a moral code that will have him backing you through thick and thin, and believes in marriage not just as a piece of paper.  And it helps if he/she's hot and you have chemistry...but those are not the most important points:)...

I'm glad that worked out for you but some guys have resentment and commitment issues because they settled down too early so my advice was more male-centric.

I know a few guys who were promiscuous for almost a decade but became great fathers and husbands because they learned to appreciate the limitations of a selfish, hedonist lifestyle and realized how rewarding family life can be by contrast.

Some guys have to get their fantasies out of their system before they can become happily grounded in reality.

I can only advise people based on my own experiences and after traveling the world, experimenting with soft drugs and having sex with dozens of women, I can safely say I'm glad I did those things BEFORE I became a loyal husband and father.

Those experiences gave me a broader perspective and a certain amount of wish fulfillment needed to completely close that chapter of my existence and I can happily and confidently do so because I conquered those demons and mountains already.

Like I said, I'm glad your way worked for you but I know I wouldn't be as happy if I married a church girl and had kids during my early adulthood. I needed to explore/discover some things about the world and myself first.

• Like 1

In all seriousness, I do feel like the amount of...good live-action blockbusters in July (Spider-Man, Apes, Baby Driver, Atomic Blonde, Dunkirk, Valerian?) will hurt WW's chances at topping $400m or Guardians 2. It won't have the same novelty of being the only good live-action blockbuster in the marketplace.

9 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Today you became a man, CJohn. I'm proud of you. 

Soon you'll love classics like Mechanic Resurrection and other shitty C grade action movies. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Today you became a man, CJohn. I'm proud of you. 

Lol, it is not because of your bad review. I stopped giving a fuck about Dreamworks a long time ago. All I want from them is Dragon 3 and another Shrek.

• Like 3

Just now, YourMother said:

Soon you'll love classics like Mechanic Resurrection and other shitty C grade action movies. 

I have no interest in ever watching that either. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Panda said:

WrathofHan voted for Trump in his "mock student elections" confirmed.

The old saying is true. "Like Father, Like Son"

• Like 3