grim22

June 23-25 Weekend Thread | TF5 45M, Cars 3 24.0, Wonder Woman 24.9 (10th highest 4th weekend of all time and biggest 4th weekend of 2017)

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

I think it will. I also think that given how ehhhh MU and Finding Dory were, we shouldn't be convinced it'll be that good either.

I'm about to start a bold club: None of the big five of next summer (Avengers, Solo, Deapool, JW2, Incredibles) hits 400. I think JW, Solo, and Avengers all do around 380. Incredibles and Deadpool do around 300.

Brad Bird is writing and directing the sequel. It'll be good.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

@WrathOfHan - due to complaints received from multiple users, you are being threadbanned from this weekend thread until further notice.

Please contact @Telemachos or @Water Bottle if you have any questions.

Really?  I thought everything he was posting was pretty harmless, unless there were some scrubbed posts or personal ones...I thought he was getting probably more than he was giving...

Said by a totally disinterested 3rd party:)...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Will Han stan for THE EMOJI MOVIE out of desperation to see WONDER WOMAN fail?  Tune in next week on DESPERATE MRA'S to find out!

Imagine if Wonder Woman 2 comes out and happens to garner equally rapturous reviews as the original and increases its box office take. May Hades have mercy on his soul. :o

• Like 2

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

I like MU and love FD.

sue me

(also Incredibles 2 makes a lot of sense right now hopefully taking some jabs at the current state of the superhero genre)

Ethan this is another time I agree with you.

• Like 2

2018, I'm only anticipating 6 Superhero movies, with at least 1 from each studio.

Disney: Incredibles 2

Marvel: Black Panther, Infinity War 

DC: Aquaman

Fox: New Mutants

Sony: Animated Spider-Man

• Like 1

I think that dad that Han pissed off might post here.

Anyway, people in the 2018 thread seem to be putting Avengers and Solo as the biggest movies of next summer. It'll decrease sharply, but that 100 percent feels like Jurassic World 2 to me. The last one was bigger than the Avengers, and dinosaurs are still a relative novelty, plus it has that cross generational appeal. It's the only one I see probably going over 400.

• Like 5

While I think that the big movies next May/June will cannibalise each other to some extent, they'll all still be huge. Deadpool 2 and The Incredibles 2 might not hit 400m, but they will be around 350m, which will be really good for both. JW2 definitely isn't going below 400. Why would it drop 40% drop from the first movie which was generally very well-liked? I think an Avengers - Age of Ultron drop is much more realistic, which would give it about 480. IW will also stay above 400 because of a certain finality surrounding it, though I do think there's a good chance it goes below Ultron.

Han Solo could also easily go below 400 due to reasons other people have already mentioned.

Edited by miketheavenger
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I think it will. I also think that given how ehhhh MU and Finding Dory were, we shouldn't be convinced it'll be that good either.

I'm about to start a bold club: None of the big five of next summer (Avengers, Solo, Deapool, JW2, Incredibles) hits 400. I think JW, Solo, and Avengers all do around 380. Incredibles and Deadpool do around 300.

This is a pretty common sentiment but I always disagree, I found Finding Dory to be excellent.

• Like 1